My wife and I along with our 1 year old daughter will be traveling to ST Maarten in June to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary and my 41st birthday. We will arrive in ST Maarten on June 15 from New York City and depart on June 22. I have been toying with the idea of going to ST Barths for a few days while we are in that part of the Caribbean. Thus spending the first couple of days in ST Maarten (6/15-6/18) and 6/19-6/21 in ST Barths. Our Anniversary is on 6/21/2013 so I think that it would be so cool to celebrate our anniversary in two different countries on the same day. We could eat breakfast in ST Barths and have dinner in ST Maarten. I have done some research however; I have a few questions that I hope you will be able to answer. I checked the www.st-barths.com and notice that the two options to get to ST Barths from ST Maarten are either by Ferry or by commuter airline.
1. Which option (Ferry or Flying) is the best while traveling with a one year old baby to St Barths? Also taking into consideration the time that we have to get to the airport prior to departure.
2. Since we will be in ST Maarten, what is the best way to go about purchasing advance airline tickets, I checked Win Air reservation systems online and they seem to require that the purchase is for a connecting flight.
3. Which airline do you recommend (winair or St Barth commuter) for their reliability?
4. Do I need to rent a car for those days while in ST Barths?
5. We both traveled to Paris and loved it. Is there a great French restaurant that you can recommend for a romantic dinner for two and a half (my baby girl)?
Your assistance is greatly appreciated.