We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel for honeymoon? Christopher Hotel or Guanahani?

Staten Island, New...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Which hotel for honeymoon? Christopher Hotel or Guanahani?

Hello all! Our honeymoon is going to be Nov 4 - 11. Our travel agent suggested Guanahani but through my research I have come across other hotels that have caught my eye. I am aware that Christopher does not have a beach and I'm ok with that since we will renting a car and exploring all the beaches. Is the location ok? I definitely want to venture beyond the hotel into Gustavia for dinners and nightlife. I've also read great things about Isle de France and Eden Rock. So I am open to any suggestions! We are in our early 30's and want to relax, eat good food, and not be around too many kids :)

Also, I know a lot of people suggest villas, but I am not really interested in going that route for my first time in St Barths. Thanks all!

Edited: 09 April 2013, 21:27
Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
2,211 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotel for honeymoon? Christopher Hotel or Guanahani?

The location of the Christopher is just as convenient to things as the Guanahani. They both have pools and decent restaurants, especially for lunch. The Chris is smaller and maybe less expensive.

I would think the Eden Rock and Isle de France are in a different price category. If you can afford it, I would pick the IdF. Not that the Eden Rock isn't a great place, but IdF strikes me as more romantic and peaceful...if that's what you are looking for in a honeymoon.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
623 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotel for honeymoon? Christopher Hotel or Guanahani?

If it was MY honeymoon: Eden Rock, Isle de France, and Carl Gustav Hotels in order of MY preferences.

Congrats

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
17 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which hotel for honeymoon? Christopher Hotel or Guanahani?

Christopher for sure....

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
1,557 posts
532 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which hotel for honeymoon? Christopher Hotel or Guanahani?

Eden Rock, Ilets de la Plage then Christopher

5. Re: Which hotel for honeymoon? Christopher Hotel or Guanahani?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 April 2014, 07:16