We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best restuarant/hotel/beach club for a day trip

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Best restuarant/hotel/beach club for a day trip

I'm planning to a day trip to the island in March and am looking for a place we can spend the afternoon on the beach. I'd preferably like a place that has a "day pass" which includes lunch and a beach lounge if possible. I was looking at Mango but it doesn't look they have much of a beach. I'm looking for a more low key place than Nikki Beach as I'll be traveling and with my mother (48) and Grandmother (67). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
1,473 posts
511 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best restuarant/hotel/beach club for a day trip

I don't think anywhere on St Barths offers a "day pass" as such although other posters will correct me if I am wrong.

Instead there are place where you can rent beach chairs if you have lunch there. You have already mentioned Nikki Beach. A good option is Tom Beach in St Jean although Eden Rock and Ile de France are alternatives. Some of the best beaches don't have any facilities !

By Mango I assume you mean the Christopher Hotel, which as you say does not have a beach

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
2,090 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best restuarant/hotel/beach club for a day trip

La Plage at Tom Beach and Eden Rock in St Jean are both good options. I also know plenty of 48 and 67 year olds who like Nikki Beach. LOL! It might be a party there, or not, depending on the day. However, I know that all three of those places charge for beach lounges in addition to the lunches (at least in high season and especially when cruise ships are in.)

Other options are the Guanahani, Gloriette and Isle de France. We had lovely lunches at all and lounges are included. The Guanahani Hotel is on Grand Cul de Sac, not a great swimming beach but very pretty and there are usually kite and wind surfers to entertain you. On the same beach is Gloriette Restaurant, which is a little more low key and also has lounge chairs. Isle de France Hotel is on Flamands, a lovely beach but with a strong surf.

The Christopher is supposed to be beautiful since the renovations (haven't been for a while) but I think their lunch/lounge price is expensive because there is no beach. Nice view though.

Have a great time!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
148 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best restuarant/hotel/beach club for a day trip

If you have lunch at Isle de France on Flamands Beach, you can use their lounge chairs for no additional cost as well as take advantage of the beach service for drinks and snacks.

You can rent a chair and umbrella with beach service at La Plage on St Jean beach for 20 eurors per person plus your drinks. You can enjoy lunch either at the full service restaurant or at the beach bar where they serve very good paninis and other items off the main menu. My fave is the whole baked camembert with a side of crispy frites.

Eden Rock on St Jean beach charges 50 euros per person for use of their beach chairs for lunch patrons. Lunch with wine will run an additional 100 euros per person.

I adore The Christopher, despite the fact it does not have a beach. The pool is by far the largest and most beautiful on the island and the staff are fabulous. The view is magnificent and it's QUIET! The spa is also excellent.

They offer three day passes.

1) Pool sunlounge, Welcome Cocktail and Lunch at Mango at 80 euros

2) Pool sunlounge, Welcome Cocktail, Lunch at Mango and a 60-min Spa treatment at 140 euros

3) Ultimate Day PassPool sunlounge, Welcome Cocktail, Lunch at Mango with a Glass of champagne and a 90-min Spa treatment at 170 euros

The burger at Mango is amazing.

Enjoy your trip.

4. Re: Best restuarant/hotel/beach club for a day trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2015, 06:18