We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hidden Caves @ Governor Beach?

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
44 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hidden Caves @ Governor Beach?

Travelers,

Can anybody please tell me where the hidden caves on Governor Beach are located? thank you

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
1,468 posts
505 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hidden Caves @ Governor Beach?

No, they are hidden !!

If you are looking for the buried treasure of Montbars, then his cave is apparently in the hill above Gouverneur beach at the far end from the car park. There is supposed to be a trail although I've not been there !

Birmingham, Alabama
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hidden Caves @ Governor Beach?

We found some hidden caves at the beach beyond the washing machine which is a hike over the mountain to the right of Grand Fond.

Park in the small lot near the entrance to Grand Fond and walk along the rocky beach to the right. You will see the goat path up the hill (somewhat of a climb at first but the path gets better.) Follow the path and stop along the way to take in the amazing vistas. The washing machine is so named for the swirls of water that wash in and out. The natural pool is a bit further and if you want to get in you have to climb down. Be warned that with the constant current visibility is often not good and there are sea urchins living inside.

I definitely recommend sneakers or a sturdy sport sandal for this. The rocks are loose and you can slide easily. It is a bit of a workout if you are not in great shape. Also I would go in the AM as there is no shade. At a leisurely pace this can take over an hour to go out and back.

I love the wild and undeveloped beauty of this part of the island. Hope you enjoy!

3. Re: Hidden Caves @ Governor Beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2015, 05:15