We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way of getting to St Barths from Miami

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Best way of getting to St Barths from Miami

We will be visiting Florida from the UK in Nov/Dec this year and hope to spend a few days on St Barths towards the end of our holiday. The plan is to to fly American Airways from Miami to St Maarten, which I believe gets us in at around 2pm. I could use some advice as to the easiest way to get to St Barths from Juliana Airport (hoping to stay at Hotel Christopher St Barths), by either Ferry or flying. I must admit I'm a little apprehensive about the flight having read a few scare stories!! I'm also keen to know how reliable the ferry/air service is - are they regularly late/cancelled? Any advice gratefully received, thank you.

1. Re: Best way of getting to St Barths from Miami

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 05 June 2014, 12:35
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way of getting to St Barths from Miami

with my luck I'll get the 1 in 20 falling out of the sky version!!! Thanks for the reply, much appreciated

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
889 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way of getting to St Barths from Miami

Fly, don't take the ferry. The flight as noted is short. The ferry can take up to 1.5 hours depending on where it leaves from. It can also be wet and rough depending on the sea conditions. If you are coming from the UK through Miami, I'm guessing you will be checking bags. When you get off your AA flight, you will need to go thru immigration to claim your bags. There is a check in counter by the baggage carousel for SBC/Winair to recheck your bags. Take the elevator up and go back thru security to get to the gate. Have a great time.

Edited: 04 June 2014, 16:43
Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
1,567 posts
537 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way of getting to St Barths from Miami

Other options include flying to San Juan from Miami and take Tradewind to St Barths. The flight from San Juan will be much more expensive than from St Maarten but I have no idea on the price comparison of Miami-St Juan vs Miami-St Maarten.

Alternatively you could fly from Fort Lauderdale to St Maarten on Spirit Airlines

Theoretically it would also be possible to fly on American Airlines to Guadeloupe and take Air Antilles Express to St Barths.

Personally I would take SBC from St Maarten, and would not consider the ferry

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
1,567 posts
537 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way of getting to St Barths from Miami

Christopher is a very nice hotel. Very good swimming pool, good restaurant, good service, decent rooms. However, there is no beach and you should consider hiring a car as there is nothing else in walking distance

6. Re: Best way of getting to St Barths from Miami

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 05 June 2014, 11:35
7. Re: Best way of getting to St Barths from Miami

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2015, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about St. Barthelemy
Recent Conversations