We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Gloriette

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
35,225 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
La Gloriette

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g147341-…

Would you agree that the main large picture is actually of O'Corail? I've reported the inaccuracy to the moderators, but just checking with those who are familiar that it is so?

Thanks.

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
2,031 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Gloriette

Yes, you are correct it is O'Corail, not La Gloriette. Thanks for checking and informing the mods.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
35,225 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Gloriette

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g147341-d2…

hence Brian L's review is also posted in the wrong place (he posted the picture)...thanks mammiesgirl

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
1,438 posts
496 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Gloriette

Agree with mamiesgirl, the picture is definitely O'Corail

4. Re: La Gloriette

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 17 September 2014, 20:06
T R
Saratoga Springs...
Level Contributor
73 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: La Gloriette

Actually they used to call it La gloriette.; the locals still do...now it's O'Corail...so no mistake at all:)

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
1,438 posts
496 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: La Gloriette

Apart from the fact that La Gloriette is now the name of the restaurant next door to O'Corail.....

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
35,225 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: La Gloriette

T R if you care to look

O'corail

www.st-barths.com/ocorail/en/gallery.html

La Gloriette has no website but it is a different restaurant..next door to O'Corail

2 St. Barths Destination Experts confirmed that the picture is posted in the wrong place.

Feel free to ask more questions if you need to:)

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
2,031 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: La Gloriette

Hi Tilly,

I reported it as well as the other one by the same reviewer that looks just like a picture on O'Corail's website showing the picnic tables out front. The restaurants are right next to each other and don't have great signage. Also I think the original La Gloriette was in the O'Corail location...but that was years ago and it looked much different. We haven't eaten at O'Corail for years but the review is good and they should be credited the compliments. Meanwhile, we will continue to visit La Gloriette for lunch, it's one of our favorites!

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
35,225 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: La Gloriette

Thanks for helping out, it is annoying that TA takes no notice.....and by the way try O'corail on your next trip, it's a good place:)

NY
Level Contributor
796 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: La Gloriette

I think the confusion stems from a change of venue that occured sometimes in the past 10 years.

Initially (10 years ago?) La gloriette occupied the space next to La Bulle diving, an indoor space. O corail occupied the garden space to the east of it, with a small indoor kitchen space.

When La Gloriette closed (7-8 years ago?), Ocorail also took over the old, indoor, la gloriette space. It kept operating the garden space as well.

When la gloriette re-opened (3 years ago?), they did so in the garden space, and attached kitchen space. They left their old indoor space to Ocorail.

At least that is my recollection.

But yes, the picture is now Ocorail. If I am right, it used to be La Gloriette in it's past incarnation.