We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Palmier

DC
3 posts
Save Topic
Villa Palmier

Hello

Would love to hear from anyone who has stayed at villa palmier. My wife and i have this villa rented for a week in Oct thro Carribean Villas and would love to others experiences. We have been told is very private with beach access to Marigot beach

columbus
Level Contributor
979 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa Palmier

Aviraj, sorry i can't comment on the villa, but can certainly comment on your location as we rent a villa steps away from Marigot as well.

As beaches go, Marigot certainly isn't the prettiest sand, widest beach, and has no bar/resto offerings. There is a small access with "steps", AKA rocks, down to the beach.

It is a marine preserve, and boasts some of the best snorkling on the island. It is a wonderful place for an early morning swim. You will probably be the only one on the beach, perhaps a few of your neighbors in view, one gentleman takes his dog out on his little boat each morning.

Marigot is a great location, you are close to Lorient and the Guanahanni, St Barth Beach resorts. A two minute drive to troi forces, one of my fave lunch restos, and Cocobola, great weekend BBQ!

Enjoy, Binti

DC
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa Palmier

Biniti

Thx for the info. we are looking forward to it and will definitely check out your resturant reccomendations....

DC
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa Palmier

Hello

any info on whether Marigot bay beach is clothing optional? Have seen conflicting info on other websites, thus am looking for info from someone who has visited the beach

thx

columbus
Level Contributor
979 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa Palmier

You will be in full view of several villas...if you enjoy your swim au natural be discreet and have a towel ready, I recall some children around when we were there last year, there was some work being done on the villa near the entrance. Make your swim very early morning or late evening.

As for sunbathing, no. This beach really isn't the best place for sunbathing anyway.

Saline is really the only beach where very discreet clothing optional sunbathing is tolerated. And go to the far side of the beach.

binti

Minnesota
Level Contributor
82 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa Palmier

Actually, Binti, the far end of Gouverneur is also clothing optional -- just back, and about a third of the couples were sans swimsuits down there.

Atlanta,GA
Level Contributor
209 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa Palmier

Marigot is not really a "beach" since most of it was washed away there in '95 and has not come back. You will not see this area of St. Barts listed by anyone as one of their faviorite areas. The nice beaches are Saline, Gouvenier (both CO), Flamands---the islands' widest, St. Jean and Lorient. Have great trip and explore all the island. You will love St. Barts.

7. Re: Villa Palmier

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 01:17