We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Bart's

boston
Level Contributor
22 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
St Bart's

We will be in St Bart's for the day on a cruise and I am looking for some excellent tour guides for an Island tour with beach stops or day sail with a small group. Any recommendations? We will be going the week of March 16th.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,753 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St Bart's

St Barts doesn't really cater to cruise day-trippers.

And not a lot of cruise lines stop there for that reason.

I don't know of any tour guides on the island.

If you want to tour the island you could certainly rent a car for the day and DIY.

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
2,129 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St Bart's

We don't cruise so I have no idea how those who come to St Barth that way plan their activities. Maybe the ship has tours you can sign up for? Otherwise, you can do it yourself as datthecoast suggests. Car rental agencies will meet you at the tender and take you back at the end of the day. Plenty of day trip suggestions if you search the forum.

There are also a few cab drivers with vans who will pick you up at the tender port and take you around the island.

As for day sails, you could try Jicky Marine, Top Loc or (if you want to snorkel or dive) Plongee Caribe. Note that this can be pricey on St. Barth...think $500+ for a half day charter or $180 per person for a lunch day cruise.

Edited: 03 March 2014, 21:20
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
77 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St Bart's

just hire a taxis driver for the day. They know everything and everyplace. I did this here when I was staying on the island during NYE 2013 and it cost me 75 euro an hour plus TIP, I stayed at isle de france and arranged it myself with a taxi driver i felt comfortable with. At the end of the day it was a great tour . we had a list of places to see and shop at and even took a dip at Eden Rock where we had lunch all will our cab waited for us.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,753 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St Bart's

Susan....

St Barts is only 8 square miles in size. Hiring a taxi at $75 an hour is a ridiculous waste of your money. If you just rent a car you could drive every road on the island in a day's visit.

Swampscott...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: St Bart's

Hi Susan,

I took a Seadream cruise into this port last year. If I were you I would not rent a car, because you would probably spend more time on the side of the road asking people where to go and what to do instead of enjoying yourself. If you have 6+ hours, I would walk through all the shops in Gustavia until you cant handle it any more and then head to Jean Georges Restaurant at Eden Rock and have a really great swim and a little lunch. I enjoyed it so much from my cruise experience, I am actually going back for the week 3/12-3/19. You can do the itinerary in reverse if you want as well. However the shopping and beaches are RIDICULOUS! If you are there at night you must go to Bonita for dinner and LeTi late! By the way I am from Boston. Enjoy your trip...

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,753 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: St Bart's

It's very easy to find your way around the island on your own in a rented car. As previously mentioned it is tiny.

Not sure what "do the itinerary in reverse if you want as well." means but the island is French. So, most stores close from noon to 3. So, if you want to explore Gustavia in the afternoon, you will just be seeing a wide selection of ferme' signs.

7. Re: St Bart's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2015, 20:15
Get answers to your questions about Gustavia
Recent Conversations