We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two bedroom beachfront villa for 2 couples in our 50's

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
38 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Two bedroom beachfront villa for 2 couples in our 50's

Looking for advise on a two bedroom beachfront villa for two couples who like to go for a swim a nice dinner and a good game of cards and a couple of cocktails. We have been to st. Martin many times but the charm has worn out for us at that locations. We paid about 5,000 a week for a nice place in st. Martin so that is about our budget for the winter vacation plans this coming February. Any suggestions on where to start our search.

6 replies to this topic
Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
2,061 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two bedroom beachfront villa for 2 couples in our 50's

This travel article gives advice on finding a villa on SBH:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g147338-c205569/St-Ba…

The most important consideration for a villa is availability. After you get a list of availabily villa that you're interested in, please post back and hopefully you'll get feedback.

Edited: 06 July 2014, 22:37
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
782 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Two bedroom beachfront villa for 2 couples in our 50's

Is $5000 the all in price? $5000 for a two bedroom beach front villa in February is doable but very tight. I think there are a couple of places you can get for that price, but I would call them a bit rustic. Prices in SBH are probably 20-25% higher than in SXM for comparable places so if you have been spending $5000 in SXM, I think you would need to bump up the budget by $1000 or so to get a comparable place in SBH. We like BDM in St Jean but its bigger than you need.

http://www.sibarth.com/BDM

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,263 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Two bedroom beachfront villa for 2 couples in our 50's

St Martin and St Barts are both islands but that is where the similarity ends

St Martin is a dump.....and well, St Barts isn't.

As has been mentioned, your proposed budget won't get you that many choices....particularly in February.

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
2,061 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Two bedroom beachfront villa for 2 couples in our 50's

Agree that they won't get beachfront for that price ( to the OP- there are limited villas on the beach in SBH) but I counted 11 two bedroom villas at $5100 or less at high season rates ONE just one agency site. Most have a pool, too. Note this doesn't include taxes and fees (usually an extra 10-12%) but I wouldn't say their budget is unreasonable.

London, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Two bedroom beachfront villa for 2 couples in our 50's

Villa Aum, rent it through Si Barths website

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,263 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Two bedroom beachfront villa for 2 couples in our 50's

Poster #5.....look at the dates.

This Post is from July 2014 from a contributor wanting to travel in February 2015.

You are a year and half late.

Reply to: Two bedroom beachfront villa for 2 couples in our 50's
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about St. Jean