We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rooms at Hotel Guanahani

New York
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Rooms at Hotel Guanahani

Is it worth the extra money ($220USD) to upgrade to Ocean One-Bed Suite from Ocean Bay Room at Hotel Guanahani?

Also, has anyone been on the 7-Nights “Romance Package”? Would you recommend the 5-Nights “Spree Package” instead? Which one has better value?

Mentioned in this post
Le Guanahani
Le Guanahani
600 Reviews
St. Barthelemy
Hotel Les Ondines Sur La Plage
Hotel Les Ondines Sur La Plage
#1 of 7 hotels in Grand Cul-de-Sac
Le Barthelemy Hotel & Spa
Le Barthelemy Hotel & Spa
#2 of 7 hotels in Grand Cul-de-Sac
Le Guanahani
Le Guanahani
#3 of 7 hotels in Grand Cul-de-Sac
columbus
Level Contributor
979 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rooms at Hotel Guanahani

Vacation, sorry I can't comment as to the specifics of these two room accomodations, but I can give you a general comment. I suspect you won't be spending much time in your room when in St. Barth's, and when you are there you will most likely be in horizontal (ahem) position! So why pay an extra $220 for a little better view or a few more square feet?

Most of the time you will be at the pool, at the beach, wandering the island enjoying fabulous food, drink and vistas. And that $220 a day would come in handy for food/drinks/excursions/etc.

Binti

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
625 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rooms at Hotel Guanahani

Amen Binti! Are you sure you want to be over there at the Guanhani? Don't get me wrong-great hotel and serice, but you could stay your entire vacation on the property and then you can be anywhere! PM if you would like other ideas...

Chicago
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rooms at Hotel Guanahani

We loved Guanahani, because it felt like a real resort...but I would agree about saving the $$. Make sure to rent a car so you can see more of the island like Gustavia.

Mentioned in this post
Le Guanahani
Le Guanahani
600 Reviews
St. Barthelemy
lovelifeat27
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rooms at Hotel Guanahani

What is the best hotel to stay at in St. Barths? I am deciding between St. Barths and BVI- Little Dix Bay....any suggestions?

Mentioned in this post
Rosewood Little Dix Bay
Rosewood Little Dix Bay
932 Reviews
Virgin Gorda
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
625 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rooms at Hotel Guanahani

My favorites are Eden Rock, Ile de France and the Carl Gustav hotels. Guan. is a beautiful resort but you might totally miss the SBH flavor! St. Barth's isn't a resort island. Small and safe, you go for fine food, great beaches and shopping, and relaxation. There is a reason it has the reputation it has!

6. Re: Rooms at Hotel Guanahani

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 04:18
Get answers to your questions about Grand Cul-de-Sac