We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private drivers vs tour company in St Lucia

Missouri
Level Contributor
18 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Private drivers vs tour company in St Lucia

Our group of 4 will be arriving on a cruise ship in Sept and I am having a hard time deciding between a jungle/rainforest excursion co. or a private driver. Typically I don't do group excursions but some of the companies offered private tours. Here are my goals-See a couple waterfalls, some hiking in the jungle/rainforest hopefully seeing beautiful plants/animals - not anything extreme-options for lunch and anything else nearby that can be included time permitting

15 replies to this topic
Berkshire
Destination Expert
for Vieux Fort, Gros Islet
Level Contributor
2,468 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private drivers vs tour company in St Lucia

Hi,

I would suggest a private driver for your group mainly because for 4 of you it will work out cheaper than 4 seats in a group excursion. You also get the benefit of being able to customise your experience in advance and en route.

Island Man would be a good choice. Kurt Joseph <kurt@islandmantaxi.com> There are others listed here on TA.

www.serenitytvl.com also do "private" ie bespoke tours and they are also good

Sept is a quiet month so if you email a few and haggle a bit you should get a good price

STEVE

Edited: 01 August 2017, 18:41
Missouri
Level Contributor
18 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private drivers vs tour company in St Lucia

Thanks Steve. I'll check some of those out. Any suggestions or inside information on which waterfalls are best?

Berkshire
Destination Expert
for Vieux Fort, Gros Islet
Level Contributor
2,468 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private drivers vs tour company in St Lucia

Hi,

I have only been to one or two and can't remember their names. In general waterfalls in SL are pretty rather than spectacular.

I suggest you post a new thread entitled "Recommended Waterfalls" to get specific responses

STEVE

Fort McMurray...
Level Contributor
540 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Private drivers vs tour company in St Lucia

Island Man is a very good choice. They not only have tour ideas but are very very flexible if you have specific needs.

Castries, St. Lucia
Level Contributor
224 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Private drivers vs tour company in St Lucia

56CJD

Toraille Waterfall in Soufriere, La Tille Waterfall in Micoud, Errard Waterfall in Dennery. Diamonds Falls is nice to look at but can bathe there except for the pools.

Mentioned in this post
Toraille Waterfall
Toraille Waterfall
430 Reviews
St. Lucia
Soufriere
Soufriere
St. Lucia
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Private drivers vs tour company in St Lucia

I will like to know if there is any boat coming to st.vincent I would love to visit st.lucia

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
13,653 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Private drivers vs tour company in St Lucia

Leneicia - there is no ferry service or regular boat service between St Lucia and St Vincent. You'll have to fly...or charter a boat..good luck.

Mentioned in this post
St. Lucia
St. Lucia
Caribbean
St. Vincent
St. Vincent
St. Vincent and the Grenadines
Fort McMurray...
Level Contributor
540 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Private drivers vs tour company in St Lucia

Best advice is to stay on the island you are at. There are many options for day tours. For us Island Man suited our needs. Simply pick out the ideal things you want t o experience and let the pros do their thig. Do not worry. They will make your day one to remember.

kidderminster
Level Contributor
10 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Private drivers vs tour company in St Lucia

Arriving on a cruise and want to do Island tour. About how much does it cost with private driver

Edited: 21 August 2017, 22:12
Fort McMurray...
Level Contributor
540 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Private drivers vs tour company in St Lucia

My memory is always a bit foggy when it comes to costs. The experience is what we remember. We booked with Island Man. Excellent service and knows the island. Should as they are locals! It is somewhere in the area of around $100 US currency. Worth every penny. Just email them and they will customize the day to fit your tastes.

Reply to: Private drivers vs tour company in St Lucia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted