We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Passport rules

florida
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
769 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Passport rules

Has anyone had recent experience with flying without a passport that they have applied for but not yet received.

It might clear up some worries of those who are facing that -------

Tours, France
Level Contributor
2,799 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Passport rules

Just to clarify:

Searose, you are presumably talking talking about citizens of the USA, and not the other numerous nationalities that also go to St Lucia.

Yokosuka, Japan
Level Contributor
196 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Passport rules

Not sure if this helps, as I have not traveled without my passport. However, we have four family members in that boat of applied but not received. They are all freaking out about getting into St. Lucia (not so much returning to the US).

I called the St. Lucia embassy in Washington D.C. to make sure you could get into the country without their birth certificates (since they were sent in with the application to get the passports and have not been returned yet). They said that from US citizen they are accepting the print out from the web that says your application is being processed.

Here is the number for the embassy in DC:

3216 New Mexico Avenue, NW

Washington DC 20016 USA

202-364-6792

florida
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
769 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Passport rules

Sorry, SunLover, and yes I did mean US citizens who have never had a passport and are stuck in the application process that is heavily overloaded. Friends are going down in a few weeks -- one has a passport and the other has been waiting for processing since April. Just wondered if anyone had done it with the application document ----

4. Re: Passport rules

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 17:20