We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice restaurant for Birthday Meal

London
Level Contributor
44 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Nice restaurant for Birthday Meal

I'm going to St Lucia end of June and it will be my husband's birthday whilst we're out there. Any suggestions for a nice restaurant to take him to. We're staying at Windjammer - are any of there restaurants nice enough for a special night out? I've also heard about Dasheene and thought that sounded quite nice - anyone been there?

Rhody
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice restaurant for Birthday Meal

Daheene is fantastic. The view unbelievable. That said a daytime trip is probably what you want there. It overlooks the Pitons as you sit in an open air dining area 1100 ft above the Caribbean. Mind you its about an hour and a half from Castries on some extremely curvy and steep roads. A good days adventure. You may want the Coal Pot supposedly best on the island. Make reservations when you get to the island. I went to the Great House which is quite close to where you will be. Excellent food and a very elegant setting, supposedly second on the island.

Good luck

Cybo

florida
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
764 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice restaurant for Birthday Meal

Another vote for the Coal Pot!

England
Level Contributor
1,624 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice restaurant for Birthday Meal

....and another for the Great House. Lovely setting, excellent service, extensive menu and wine list.

Ashburn, VA
Level Contributor
132 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice restaurant for Birthday Meal

Morgan: Just got back from teh WJL this Sauturday. We had dinner at the Coal Pot and it was excellent. Atmosphere is very good. It is an open air rstaurant right on the water. It is small but the food was great and at a reasonable price. Make sure to make a reservation. By the way they will be closed June 4 to June 28 this month.

lincoln park, mi
Level Contributor
911 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice restaurant for Birthday Meal

Another vote for The Coal Pot if it is open while you are there. Excellent! Fantastic home baked bread to mop up the sauce from your seafood appetizers. Wonderful atmosphere. I had lobster twice and the portions were quite large.