We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in St Lucia

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
weather in St Lucia

We will be arriving in St Lucia May 2nd I notice the extended forecast is 60% showers on Saturday and Sunday right when we have a sunset cruise booked and the zipline trip. Does anyone know if they give you a raincheck due to weather? When the forecast is like this does it stay rainy or is it usually passing showers?

Mentioned in this post
St. Lucia
St. Lucia
Caribbean
Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
272 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in St Lucia

Hi

St Lucia is a beautiful Island proberbly the greenest of the Antilles, Feb, March, April are proberbly the dryest months and the rain fall increses month by month through to October. Over the last few years in my veiw the rain has appeared more frequent than previous years, we always go in February. When it has rained in February when we have been there the rainshowers have been very short say 5 minuites and then bright sunshine again although sometimes the showers can be quite heavy.

When you consider the Temperature of a constant 30c the rain is often a pleasant moistening, and never found it a real problem. We have done the Sunset cruise and rainshowers were not a problem on the Cat we went on as for the zipline trip if it rains whilst you are on the wire you will get wet which will make the experience even more exillerating but should not be a problem, unless you are going to be wearing your "best bib and tucker".

I would not concern yourself with the weather forecast in my experience its always misleading and if you get slightly wet you will be dry in seconds. Have a great time in St Lucia.

Happy days

Mentioned in this post
St. Lucia
St. Lucia
Caribbean
Castries, St. Lucia
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in St Lucia

I moved here from the rainy UK. The previous poster is correct the rain rarely lasts more than a few minutes and really does not affect any activities. I went ziplining recently in the rainforest and yes it does rain there for a few minutes at a time but it added to the experience - you will love it!!

Albuquerque, NM
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in St Lucia

We just returned last night, and we were there from Apr. 17-27th--in the south (rainforest) it rained a little each day, and quite a bit at night--but in the north, it was nearly perfect weather from the 20th-27th--even though they predicted rain for 4 of those days. I totally wouldn't concern yourself with the weather--if it does rain, it most likely won't rain all day, just a small sprinkle. I would only worry if there was a tropical depression in the area, but as far as I know, there is none forecasted! You're timing should be perfect... no worries.

4. Re: weather in St Lucia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 02:19
Get answers to your questions about St. Lucia