We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How did St. Lucia do in the wake of Emily?

Tallahassee
Level Contributor
151 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
How did St. Lucia do in the wake of Emily?

Only one week to go before we arrive in paradise. I hope the island missed out on the brunt of the storm.

Any word on how the resorts did? Windjammer especially.

Tampa FL
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How did St. Lucia do in the wake of Emily?

I talked with the locals today on the phone and it seems that Island itself did very well. They only had tropical strom force winds there. Might want to call the resort to find out for sure.

florida
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
769 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How did St. Lucia do in the wake of Emily?

I also called and talked to people on the island today. All's well. They got some rain yesterday and some winds. But that's about all -- just a storm. You probably won't see that anything happened. Have fun and don't worry about weather --

UK
Level Contributor
230 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How did St. Lucia do in the wake of Emily?

I heard the same too. It seems that it was a good practice for anything that may come along in the future though

Castries, St.Lucia
Level Contributor
508 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How did St. Lucia do in the wake of Emily?

Fine, blue and hazy day today so far and the weather sat. pic shows it to be pretty clear. There is another tropical wave out in the Atlantic but it is high up and I would guess wont affect us (he hopes!) Virtually no damage from Emily apart from a few branches down and some heavy rain.

Tallahassee
Level Contributor
151 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How did St. Lucia do in the wake of Emily?

I'm glad to hear that St. Lucia survived the storm. One week to go for us and we can't wait!! I hope all future depressions stay well away from all the islands, we so much love coming to the Caribbean each year.

We live in Florida and just went through Dennis - unfortunately, results weren't the same for us here. Although my home was spared, so many people have lost everything. Keep them in your prayers and mostly pray that these darn storms stop forming and everyone all over the hurricane belt can enjoy a safe summer.

Here's a link to a site ( a friend of ours) that shows damage near where we live -

dixonkazekconstruction.com/hurricane_dennis.…