We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer between international and domestic airport

London, England
Level Contributor
22 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
Transfer between international and domestic airport

Does anyone know the best way to transfer from the international airport, where I am arriving, to the domestic airport? Thanks

Tours, France
Level Contributor
2,799 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer between international and domestic airport

The standard way is by taxi. It takes about one and a half hours, as the two airports are almost at opposite ends of the island, but many consider it an excellent introduction to St Lucia.

The "luxury" option is to take the helicopter transfer between the two airports. This takes about 15 minutes, but it only runs in daylight hours; so depending on the time of your arrival at UVF (international airport), it might not be an option.

Full details of the helicoptor transfer are on:

stluciahelicopters.com/airport_shuttles.htm

Mentioned in this post
Australia
Level Contributor
361 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer between international and domestic airport

Side note: St Lucia doesn't have domestic airport. BOTH airports - UVF and SLU are international airports, the latter of them being smaller.

Mentioned in this post
Vieux Fort, St...
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer between international and domestic airport

As a cab is your only real option do you want me to recommend a driver to you, and have him waiting? Do you have time for a short tour of the island?

London, England
Level Contributor
22 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer between international and domestic airport

How much would a cab cost? I won;t have time for a tour of the island as i land at 15.20,i;ve got to be at the other airport by 18.30 for a 19.55 flight to Barbados.

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
5. Re: Transfer between international and domestic airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 01:18