We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best places to eat???

2 posts
Save Topic
Best places to eat???

We are going to St Lucia for our honeymoon in March. We plan to stay at Sandals Grande for four nights, and Ladera for three nights.

I have already heard that Dasheene at Ladera is a great restaurant. What are some other places recommended, both on and off Sandals resorts?

Thanks for any advice,

Hungry at Heart

Canada
Level Contributor
39 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best places to eat???

Mango Tree at Stonefield

Hummingbird and Gee's Bon Manje in Soufriere

Castries, St. Lucia
Level Contributor
377 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best places to eat???

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147343-i282-k2493…

There are some of the options in Rodney Bay, about 10 minutes from the Grande. Also add Key Largo on the highway in Rodney Heights.

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
194 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best places to eat???

For a romantic meal, check out Rainforest Hideaway in Marigot Bay. For a good "locals" meal, check out the lunch/dinner area at The Lime where you can see the food behind the counter and order what you want with the side dishes. Good Creole food there and much better than what you can order off of their menu.

Edgar

Hickory, North...
Level Contributor
1,497 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best places to eat???

Below is a recent thread on dining at Sandals which may help you there.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147344-i1692-k249…

I only ate lunch at Dansheene and it was delicious!

Happy trails, Dutch

2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best places to eat???

Thanks for all the advise. I will be sure to check some of these places out.

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
771 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best places to eat???

We ate in several places in Rodney Bay, our favourite for excellent food in very nice surroundings being Delirious, directly across the road from Coco Palm. It was also very reasonably priced.

The Lime is fine for cheap decent pub-grub type food but in our opinion with no ambience at all.

In middle price bracket both the Indian and Chinese are very good, as was Spinnakers for lunch, (great place for cocktails on the beach) Higher priced are both steak houses, Cafe Claude and Buzz again all good.

The Red Snapper was our least favourite.

Bethspoon

caribbean
Level Contributor
48 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best places to eat???

in order of favourites

Coal Pot - french caribbean - reservations a must - ask for table near the water.

Big Chef - steakhouse ( usually full so reserve early for fri/sat nights)

Rainforest Hideaway - nice place, great food, lovely marigot bay location, but a 30-45 minute drive from sandals

Chic- very nice place, kinda formal, never full as its pricey, food is very good.

The Cliff at Cap Maison - beautiful cliff top view, very good food, but also very pricey. only been there for lunch though, but dinner should also be excellent .funny how they copied The Cliff in barbados ;)

England
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,448 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best places to eat???

I think the chef from Chic went to the Cliff at Cap Maison. The food at Chic was good last time we went there but we ran out of time to visit Chic or the Cliff.

Dasheene is great for one of the best sunset views in the world!

Granada, Spain
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Best places to eat???

You should try The Cliff at Cap, its a brand new restuarant that is open at the newly built and boutique hotel,Cap Maison. It is set on a breath taking location overseeing the caribbean sea sitted and the egde of a cliff. You will get 5 star service there accompanied by a unique blend of french caribbean cusine done by a well known chef, Craig Jones. Trust me you will not regret right now it is the hottest dinning spot in St.Lucia.

Tours, France
Level Contributor
2,799 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best places to eat???

For top quality restaurants around Rodney Bay, my list is:

Piano Piano at Cotton Bay

Chic at Rex Royal

The Edge at Harmony Suites

We ate at Piano Piano last night, and it was excellent. The restaurant was full, and about half of the clientale were local people as opposed to people staying at the resort - always a good sign.

Some friends of ours ate at Cap Maison two days ago, and speak very highly of it. We are planning to dine there on Monday or Tuesday. I always look forward to trying the new restaurants in St Lucia.

Get answers to your questions about St. Lucia