We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic getaway

minnesota
Level Contributor
211 posts
Save Topic
Romantic getaway

Looking for advice from anyone on accomodations for my wife and I to get away from the everyday hectic that is.

Have looked at Anse Chastanet and also Jade Mountain. Unfortuantely Jade Mountain is probably out of our league at this point. We are looking for someplace fairly quiet (have done the large mega resorts w/ our kids and that is not what this trip is all about) where we can kick back and reconnect with each other.

I know I have not been very specific but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,462 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic getaway

Anse Chastanet, Jalousie Plantation, Stonefield Estates all come to mind. Stonefield would require the free shuttle to get to the beach but the location of the resort is stunning and oh so romantic.

On the other end of the island have a look at East Winds Inn.

Tours, France
Level Contributor
2,799 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic getaway

Also at the northern end look at Cotton Bay Village. It is a collection of apartments and villas in a spacious area, and even when full never seems very crowded; and might offer the "kick back" space that you mention.

England
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,540 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic getaway

OK, I have to say Ti Kaye. It is very romantic and relaxing and I love the place. I am in the process of booking my fifth visit there for June 2009. It is more rustic than the others you mention but is quiet and would be better budget-wise than Jade. Jade is fantastic too though - and I hope to go back there next year.

Age-wise Ti Kaye has people visiting from aged 20 to around 50 and the atmosphere is good. You can be as social or not as you want to be. It is more of a boutique type place but none the worse for that.

Good luck with your choices - St Lucia is a great place to visit.

minnesota
Level Contributor
211 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic getaway

Thanks to all who replied, I will check into everyone's suggestions to see what each has to offer.

Thanks again!

On another note does anyone know what the weather could be like in October/November. I know it is typically hurricane season in the Carribean but wondered if that extended as far south as St. Lucia?

Castries, St. Lucia
Level Contributor
377 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic getaway

75-88 degrees, no higher, no lower at any point in the day. Hot during midday and humid. It will probably rain at some point everyday. It will probably stop within 15 minutes. That is rainy season, so it might rain more often. It is also hurricane season, so if a hurricane is passing somewhere, that can bring more rain. It is rare for a hurricane to pass over the island. Nothing this past season, but Hurricane Dean in 07 passed in the channel between Lucia and Martinique. Lots of wind and rain, but did not cause much severe damage.

England
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Romantic getaway

East Winds is a very relaxing place. It is all-inclusive with good food and drink and this adds to the relaxation as you don't need to think about anything much other than just relaxing and enjoying yourselves. You can choose to mix with other guests or just keep youselves to yourselves. The rooms are nice and the deluxe rooms have lovely large terraces, for romantic drinks. There are covered tables outside for lunch, which are nice and private and I think I even saw some people using these in the evenings, although the restaurant is very pleasant in the evenings and the tables are well spaced.

minnesota
Level Contributor
211 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Romantic getaway

Ti Kaye and Stonefield Estates seem to be the front runners at this point based on what they have to offer, etc.

For those who have stayed at either of these places can you let me know what our options for food either at the resort or off site are? Just wondering how much to plan for in terms of cash for a week if eating out. Typically we like a nice breakfast, skip lunch and then have a nice dinner.

England
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,540 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Romantic getaway

Hi, Breakfasts used to be included but I think the rate now is $10 per person.

Lunches are mainly salads, burgers pasta etc. Like you we don't eat much lunch and tend to eat more in the evening.

Nearby places to go would be the Rainforest Hideaway and the fish fry at Anse La Raye on the Friday, preferably by boat.

I can't tell you the current food prices for dinner at Ti Kaye as I was last there in June 2008 and they might have changed. I do remember that they were reasonable compared to some of the restaurants on the island!

minnesota
Level Contributor
211 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Romantic getaway

St. Lucia -

I see in one of your earlier responses you are planning on going back to Ti Kaye and have been there on several occasions. I have been on the Ti Kaye website to take a look at the layout of rooms/cottages. I would be interested to hear which ones you have stayed in and if you have any favorites? Have you been in any that have the plunge pool as a part of the cottage?

England
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,540 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Romantic getaway

Hi tropical crew. All the ones I stayed in had plunge pools. Repeat visitors often get upgrades, if they are available. Not guaranteed, and sometimes they cannot upgrade you until the 2nd night but it is nice that they treat their repeat guests well!

I have stayed in RoRo, located above the swimming pool with a plunge pool. Good for observing wildlife but with trees blocking the seaview. Good for us as it shades the pool!

Niche is lovely and overlooks its own part of the beach. Rather more isolated but very romantic.

Du Du is set back from Niche so has Niche in the way of its seaview!

The ones on the map right in front of the sea have great views, there is a steepish slope to get to them though which some people find awkward.

There are security stations near some of the more isolated villas, which can mean that your private plunge pool can get overlooked at times, worth bearing in mind. One villa near the sea had a tree by it which had fireflies in it one night. Magical!

When are you gonig out to St Lucia?