We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ti Kaye Village Resort Day Pass

iowa
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Ti Kaye Village Resort Day Pass

My husband and I were in St. Lucia for a day, coming off of the Carnival Victory. We decided to get a day pass ($100 each) for the Ti Kaye Village Resort. We got off the ship and found that is was going to cost us $80 round trip and 45 minutes to get there. We almost decided against it and am very glad we didn't. It was fabulous! The scenery was unbelievable and the resort itself was breathtaking. The beach was secluded and quiet, the restaurants and bars both had great food. The day pass included lunch, 1 hour massage, use of the snorkeling gear and kayaks. It was totally worth it. The massage room overlooked the ocean with large open windoww, the massage beds were side by side and the room had a shower to clean up afterwards. You could hear the ocean waves crash from below. Best experience I've ever had!

Mentioned in this post
St. Lucia
St. Lucia
Caribbean
Tours, France
Level Contributor
2,799 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ti Kaye Village Resort Day Pass

Just in case anyone thinks that you have to have a day pass to vist Ti Kaye - you do not.

The day pass referred to in the original posting is a package which, as described, includes lunch, massage etc.

However, you can simply enter the resort for no charge, and at the guardhouse, tell them that you want to go down to the beach restaurant. You then turn right immediately after the security post and you can drive down to the beach (Anse Cochon). There is a beach restaurant and bar, and you can rent a sunbed.

We were there earlier this week, but misunderstood the directions for getting down to the beach, and finished taking the old track which goes down at the side of the Ti Kaye property, and comes out at the opposite end of the beach. As always, my hire car was a Daihutsu Terrios, and I certainly needed the four wheel drive and high ground clearance. The track was overgrown, with deep mud in places, and steep rocky slopes in over places. All in all quite an adventure.

Mentioned in this post
Anse Cochon
Anse Cochon
St. Lucia
England
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,605 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ti Kaye Village Resort Day Pass

Wow Sunlover, you were brave, that track is horrible and I would have been scared to attempt it! We usually go for a day trip there in January and always have a lovely time. Try the wine tasting with Cleus sometime, he is so enthusiastic and the wine tasting is great fun there. We bought him a tasse-de-vin recently and he was delighted with it.

I am looking forward to staying at Ti Kaye later this year and trying out the spa for the first time.

I note, yet again, that there is a review on Ti Kaye which, although published recently, is a year old with regards to the recency of the poster's visit. This is a shame because it criticises the food and says there is no spa! Definitely not true now.............

Tours, France
Level Contributor
2,799 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ti Kaye Village Resort Day Pass

SLE

I think you mean tastevin, which is the small saucer shape dish they use for wine tasting. A tasse-de-vin translates as a cup of wine.

I remember many years ago visting a wine producer's very large cellar in Beaune in France. You paid an entrance fee, for which you received a tastevin; and you were then let loose in the cellars where there were different bottles opened for you to taste. I guess they thought that nobody would be able to drink their way through a bottle with just a tastevin.

I am happy to say that I finally emerged into daylight many hours later having proved them totally wrong!

Getting back to St Lucia, we never had any wine at Ti Kaye, but I will look out for it the next time we go there.

Mentioned in this post
St. Lucia
St. Lucia
Caribbean
England
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,605 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ti Kaye Village Resort Day Pass

Sunlover

Thanks for the correction, that is indeed what I meant.

So you managed a bottle did you? lol

Cleus is such a lovely guy and very keen to learn a lot about wine. He is a lucky chap in that Ti Kaye do pay for him to go abroad and learn more. He is really very charming and the winetasting is well worth doing, even if you are an expert yourself Sunlover!

greenville
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ti Kaye Village Resort Day Pass

How do you get a day pass?? And what do you get for lunch? Are drinks included??

Thanks!

England
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,605 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ti Kaye Village Resort Day Pass

cnerf

As Sunlover says, you really do not need a day pass unless you are going for the massage etc. You can ring ahead and book for lunch, either up at the resort or down on the beach. If you are having lunch there it is likely that you will be able to have access to the beach chairs and umbrellas. Drinks are served either by the glass or bottle. The prices are reasonable by hotel standards in St Lucia!

When we visit for the day we go to the beach for a sunbathe and snorkel and the go upstairs for lunch as it is quieter up there during the day. There is a freshwater shower at the top of the stairs for residents and day-time guests so it is possible to shower off before lunch. The beachbar is also very nice and quite casual but can get busy. There are toilets near the beachbar for paying customers, but you have to ask for a key! They tend to keep it locked during busy times are a lot of daytrippers go there in high season.

If you like I could contact the manager at Ti Kaye and ask her about the day pass for you and what it inludes, we are going to be staying there in June so I am corresponding with TK at the moment. Just let me know.

Mentioned in this post
St. Lucia
St. Lucia
Caribbean
greenville
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Ti Kaye Village Resort Day Pass

Thank you very much for your quick reply!

I would love to get more information on the day pass.

Normally I would go with the advice on just going there on my own without purchasing the day pass, however the massages sounded wonderful.

I will be going on a cruise with my mother and she has had a rough year. Both ex husband (my dad) of 36 years (who she never stopped loving) and current husband of 10 years both died within 3 months. My dad was hit by a car while out riding his bike. He was in the hospital for 3 weeks with a head injury, but died after catching a staph infection in the hospital. It was very hard. My brother and his wife were both diagnosed with cancer and have 4 year old twins. My mom has been there caring for them even though she is 71 years old. She raised 5 kids and had a rough upbringing. SHe is also the sweetest, kindest person I know.

I would love to pamper her on this trip and the massages sounded like that would be perfect.

Sorry to drone on!

But thank you! Any information you could get for me would be wonderful!

England
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,605 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ti Kaye Village Resort Day Pass

OK, I will see what I can do. I will email Katie the GM there. Sometimes she takes a while to get back to me but she is very reliable.

I would not recommend the stairs at Ti Kaye for your mother so they would probably help you with transport to the beach if they know in advance that you are coming.

I will email the resort tonight and will get back to you as soon as I can. Keep an eye on your PM.

Best wishes

SLE

PS I understand about your mother, mine had a very similar situation, one loved husband and then a new lover at the age of 70+ with whom she was very happy. She was devastated when he died too. She was known by the neighbours as the "traveller" as she was always going places. despite her physical difficulties, she even went on a Saga holiday to Russia on her own!! I will keep in touch.

iowa
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ti Kaye Village Resort Day Pass

I called ahead to let them know we were coming for the day so they had our name at the security shack. The day pass was $100 each and included lunch (anything off the menu-appetizer, soup, main course, desert) and 1 soft drink, the 1 hour massage, beach chairs/umbrella, snorkeling equip and kayak (we didn't inquire about either of these). The steps to the beach were steep and there were a lot of them, but if your mom is in decent shape, she'd have no problem. The scenery going up and down is breathtaking so you don't think about the hike for long. I felt is was a good deal for all we got for the $100. Have fun!!!

England
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,605 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ti Kaye Village Resort Day Pass

cnerf, I sent you a pm about this having heard back from Ti Kaye on Monday morning, but yes the $100 rate includes lunch, 2 soft drinks, 1 massage, use of beach chairs and kayaks.

There is another package at $200 which includes the above but in addition, a facial and private use of the spa jacuzzi for one hour.

I hope you and your mother have a lovely time:-)