We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Batterie Estate

daisytown
Level Contributor
602 posts
1 review
Save Topic
La Batterie Estate

Has anyone stayed at this Villa? View is unbelievable.

Nancy

Vieux Fort, St...
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: La Batterie Estate

The place is fully booked until end of March which speaks reams. Its a great villa with great staff. What do you want to know?

St. Louis
Level Contributor
27 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Batterie Estate

Hi Nancy:

My wife and I recently stayed at La Batterie for a little over a week. Yes the view is incredible, but just about every place in the Soufriere area has a similar view, some better, some not. This villa has a spectacular Piton view but it does not have a sunset view, which to me is almost as important. There are many many pluses and a few minuses to this villa, in my opinion. If you or anyone else is considering this villa, I can give you a run down.

Wildwood, Missouri
Level Contributor
493 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Batterie Estate

La Batterie is an incredible villa. Just returned & even though there was alot of rain all week, the villa was a delight to spend time at. View is amazing & you just don't want to leave the deck. The tropical grounds are kept very well & so beautiful. Pool is a delight with a mango tree next to the pool area along with hummingbirds flying all around. A tropical delight. The staff at La Batterie are charming, helpful, trustworthy & lovely. Cynthia is a fantastic cook & she cooked us breakfast every day along with several Creole dinners. You could rent a car or have Augustus drive you around the island to view the sights. After a week here, you will want to come back again. Email me & I can give you additional information. Highly recommend this Villa! Wish I was in St. Lucia right now!

nyc
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: La Batterie Estate

were u concerned about robbery and theft. my wife is extremely concerned about security. how far the the anse chastenet beach

St. Louis
Level Contributor
27 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: La Batterie Estate

I felt extremely safe at all times, day and night. It's not Fort Knox, it's a beautiful villa. None in our party had any issues or fears. You can walk to Anse Chastinet downhill all the way in about 10 minutes. Slightly longer coming back because of the hill but not a problem.

Wildwood, Missouri
Level Contributor
493 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: La Batterie Estate

We had no concerns with security. There is a security guard on duty from 6:00pm till the time the morning gardener arrives. All of the help that work on the property are lovely people & so very helpful. Regarding the beach, you can walk to one beach - 15 minute walk downhill or you can drive or taxi over to the other beach. Both beaches are great for swimming & snorkeling. Enjoy La Baterie Estate. we have wonderful memories!!

7. Re: La Batterie Estate

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2010, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about St. Lucia