We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coco palm hotel rodney bay

DM5
Darlington, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Coco palm hotel rodney bay

Have just received a letter from my tour operator informing myself that there is currently a shopping centre under consrtuction 800 metres from the hotel.

although very little noise can be heard at the coco palm (so why tell me about it?).Anybody been recently?

should i expect a week with earplugs or should i change accomodation?

Many thanks

DM5

Tours, France
Level Contributor
2,799 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coco palm hotel rodney bay

Although I did not stay at the Coco Palm, I was in Rodney Bay two weeks ago.

The really noisy work was last year, when they were excavating and laying foundations.

Now they are erecting a steel girder framework, building the walls, and putting on the timber roof joists. None of this is unduly noisy.

Crewe, United...
Level Contributor
338 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coco palm hotel rodney bay

We have just returned from staying at The Harbour in Rodney Bay - its roughly the same distance as your hotel away from the building work, but in the opposite direction.

There was construction work going on while we were there, but it was not unduly intrusive.

It may be worthwhile seeing if they would offer you some perk/discount for putting up with it - seeing as its they who have drawn your attention to it !!!

But in reality, its unlikely to impact your holiday enjoyment.

Have a good trip !

madison wisconsin
Level Contributor
926 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coco palm hotel rodney bay

I was just at Coco Palm 3 weeks ago, and although the work next door isn't overly intrusive, it is noticeable. I've stayed at CP my last 3 visits in SL and have always extolled the virtues of the hotel here on TripAdvisor. With that said, and without going into detail, I will not be staying at the CP again. I suggest you look into Bay Gardens Beach Resort in Rodney Bay. Further down the road, right on Reduit Beach, within walking distance of many restaurants, etc. When I was booking my last trip, I seriously considered BGBR. Next trip, I will be staying there.

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
670 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coco palm hotel rodney bay

Hi, I'm in Rodney Bay at the moment and the construction is noisy from about 8am until 4pm. Probably be better switching to Bay Gardens if you can. If you have any other questions I'd be happy to help.

canada
Level Contributor
166 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Coco palm hotel rodney bay

Just got back from coco palm. its not an issue. when we hung out by the pool all day reading, we could see them working to the left, but we didnt find it intrusive at all. I can remember one day hearing them working from our room, but our window was open it wasnt any worse then the children neighbors of ours making noise in the halls. I was worried about it too before going, nothing to worry about my friend :)

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Coco palm hotel rodney bay

we are in Rodney Bay at the moment and went to look at the CP this morming - just to see what it was like, having considered it during the holiday planning process. The first thing my husband noticed was the noise and the building that is being constructed next door - in view from the pool area. My first thought was that, although the pool was a lovely size the water didn't look the right colour - just murky :-(

7. Re: Coco palm hotel rodney bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 12:34