We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Jalousie really closing?

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
3,640 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Is Jalousie really closing?

We were told by our travel agent that the Jalousie is closing in May. However, I've just been to the Jalousie website which shows availability in May and beyond. Does anyone know if the closure has been changed, or is it just their website in need of updating?

Ellicott City...
Level Contributor
709 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Jalousie really closing?

I contacted the hotel with the same concern. They told me that they are not closing, but will be undergoing renovations over the next several months so they will be closing off parts of the hotel at a time. They did recently complete renovations on some of the rooms (which they now call "luxury suites" on their website). Last time I saw the hotel was over ten years ago and it was nice then, but according to more recent reviews it apparently needs the refurbishment.

Tours, France
Level Contributor
2,799 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Jalousie really closing?

This article, saying that they are now not closing, was in tha St Lucia Star last month:

http://stluciastar.com/content/?p=1851

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
3,640 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Jalousie really closing?

This is a real p****r. We'd booked to go to the Jalousie in May but were told that it was closing on May 4th. We changed our booking to somewhere else, but for me the Jalousie was a dream location and a place I've wanted to go for several years before we were able to afford it. Unfortunately it's probably too late to change my booking back.

4. Re: Is Jalousie really closing?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 14:21