We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anse Chastanet - can we walk to explore downtown?

philadelphia
2 posts
Save Topic
Anse Chastanet - can we walk to explore downtown?

Hello!

My fiance and I are considering a honeymoon at Anse Chastanet. These forums have been tremendously helpful, and I'm very curious about whether or not we can walk and explore the nearby town.

The resort sounds amazing, and we love to be really active and explore the authentic cafes and restaurants.

I would really appreciate any comments on whether or not its possible/easy to explore local cuisine. Would we have to take a taxi everywhere? Or could we walk from Anse Chastanet resort?

We'd probably want to explore at lunch or dinner...so I'm wondering if its worth it to still do all-inclusive even if we don't do one meal per day at the resort.

Any tips, comments and restaurant recommendations are much-appreciated. Thank you!

Tours, France
Level Contributor
2,799 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anse Chastanet - can we walk to explore downtown?

My wife and I stayed at Anse Chastenet a few years ago; and we walked into Soufriere one day. The "road" into Soufriere is very rough, but perfectly OK to walk. I think it took us about 45 minutes to walk it. You get a good view of the Pitons across the bay as you approach Soufriere, and also a good view looking down at Soufriere before you start the descent into Soufriere.

When we stayed there, Anse Chastenet used to run a shuttle boat to and from Soufriere, so we went back in the boat.

We had half board when we stayed there (breakfast and dinner), as we wanted to explore and go on day trips, so I can't help much with restaurants in Soufriere, except for the Humming Bird, which is good, and is at the end of the track from Anse Chastenet into Soufriere.

I would not want to walk back to Anse Chastenet at night, especially after a good meal and a bottle of wine.

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
527 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anse Chastanet - can we walk to explore downtown?

As previously stated, it's quite the hike. I'm not one to walk 45 mins to a destination. But a 'hiking adventure', sure. ;)

philadelphia
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Anse Chastanet - can we walk to explore downtown?

Thanks very much for your answers. I really appreciate your insights!

Sounds like a lovely resort - and the bfast & dinner option sounds ideal.

Thanks!

4. Re: Anse Chastanet - can we walk to explore downtown?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 20:18