We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Experience of renting Villa/ other advice

uk
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Experience of renting Villa/ other advice

Anybody got any experience on renting a private villa with pool.

Nothing to big to sleep 4 and reasonably priced. Looking to stay in Soufriere area. Just that some properties do not have pool and beach is a drive away. To keep chidren entertained.

what really is driving like in St Lucia, as by sounds of it on some properties i do need a car, as taxis are expensive i believe,

Is it safe to drive, heard reports otherwise.

Whats it like for cost wise compared to the states. After a trip to a caribean island where the locals are geniuely friendly and not too expensive , am i picking the right one. thanks

Mentioned in this post
Soufriere
Soufriere
St. Lucia
St. Lucia
St. Lucia
Caribbean
Iowa
Level Contributor
177 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Experience of renting Villa/ other advice

Renting a villa ia a wonderful experience in St. Lucia- privacy for the family, you can plan your own meals, and do things at your own pace. I doubt that in the Soufriere area you will find a villa with both pool and beach - I'd go for one with a great view and pool- you can always drive to the beach. We rented a villa last year near Anse la Raye and spent way more time at the pool than the beach.

Driving is on the left but being from UK that is normal for you. It really isn't that bad- after the first 24 hours you just learn to go with the flow. Definately get an automatic with A/C.

After a week in St. Lucia, you may not want to leave. You are making a wise chioce vacationing there- the friendly people make all the difference>

Mentioned in this post
St. Lucia
St. Lucia
Caribbean
Soufriere
Soufriere
St. Lucia
Anse La Raye
Anse La Raye
94 Reviews
St. Lucia
Chicago Burbs, IL
Destination Expert
for Soufriere
Level Contributor
3,538 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Experience of renting Villa/ other advice

Here are a couple of places you might look into. There are others on the same site, with more bedrooms.

http://greatrentals.com/stlucia/2879.html

http://greatrentals.com/stlucia/7937.html

ld
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,753 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Experience of renting Villa/ other advice

We stayed at Stonefield estate, which is a sort of cross between a hotel and self-catering villas. We stayed in a one bed villa with a large bedroom, lounge/kitchen/dining area and a garden shower beyond the bathroom, plus a great big verandah and amazing view of the one of the pitons and it very private indeed. Our villa did not have a pool, but there is one on site as well as a restaurant. Some villas do have private pools and they definitely have one/two and three bed villas and I would imagine the two bed luxury villas We found it excellent value, in a beautiful location near soufiere. The food at the restaurant is also excellent and I had no problems booking with Stonefield direct over email and fax. See www.stonefieldvillas.com

florida
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
771 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Experience of renting Villa/ other advice

Some other websites to check for villa rentals ----

www.vrbo.com

www.a1vacations.com

www.cvoa.com

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Experience of renting Villa/ other advice

hello troggles,

we're just back from st lucia - we had a villa in soufrierre with a private pool, but it will be too small for your needs.

have a look at www.holiday-rentals.com for loads of privately owned places for rent.

Driving is fine, once you learn to s-l-o-w d-o-w-n and take it easy you will be fine. the roads are very windy on the western side of the island, and extremely steep at times, but the views and the scenery are breathtaking.

We also stayed ina resort for a week, but would take the villa every time. Total freedom, relaxation, and privacy.

Hope you find what you're looking for,

Tony&Fi