We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. Lucia must see things

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
231 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
St. Lucia must see things

I am taking Southern Caribbean Cruise from Puerto Rico. Can you please tell me the must things to do in St. Lucia? Can I hire a driver to take me the places I like? Is that possible? If so can you recommend one? I appreciate your help

england
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: St. Lucia must see things

Hi I would recommend using a company called Caribtours they are a highly thought of company in St Lucia and offer great tours have a look at their website www.caribtrav.com they will be able to offer you lots of options. I would also recommend taking a tour around the island and stopping and having lunch at Dasheene Restaurant at Ladera (great St Lucian food) which is located right in the middle of The Pitons which has a fanastic view. Just one suggestion!!

Chicago
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: St. Lucia must see things

I would recommend suntours, they also handle virgin holiday tours. They can arrange pretty much anything. Make sure you visit Marigot Bay, by far the best area in St. Lucia!

Vieux Fort, St...
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: St. Lucia must see things

As you are only on the island for the day this is a simple request. A driver can meet you at the dock and do a tour down the west coast road. You will visit Marigot Bay, then on down the coast through Anse Le Raye and Canaries until you reach the town of Soufriere. There you will be able to visit the drive in volcano, a hot or cold waterfall, the botanical gardens and stop for a nice lunch.

In the afternoon, if your boat is not sailing too early you could snorkel off the beach at Hummingbird or Anse Chastanet for an hour or so.

As suggestions for drivers I can recommend Christopher Taxi Service - 1 758 484 1927 his email is tcleon1@hotmail.com, Frank Taxi Service on 1 758 719 3091 his email is franktax@hotmail.com, there is Herod Taxi Service etc. etc. You will, of course, receive lots more suggestions from other posters and the choice is yours.

England
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,399 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St. Lucia must see things

Hello StLucia Debs

Congratulations on your DE status. I always find your posts informative and well-balanced.

Best wishes

SLE

England
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,399 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: St. Lucia must see things

Matt1,

Definitely get a taxi for the day and sort out your own itinerary with the driver.

Do get down to see the Pitons and try some snorkelling somewhere, maybe at Anse Chastanet or surrounding area if you have time.

Vieux Fort, St...
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: St. Lucia must see things

Thanks SLE. Hope to keep them that way!

Chicago Burbs, IL
Destination Expert
for Soufriere
Level Contributor
3,273 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: St. Lucia must see things

StluciaDebs,

Ditto, SLE's message to you!

Congrats and Best Wishes!

~Donna

California
Level Contributor
2 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: St. Lucia must see things

Hi,

I just returned this Sunday from Southern Caribbean cruise by Royal Caribbean. I booked Serenity Island Tour from Serenity Vacation & Tours, just google them, they have a website. They are awesome! Excellent airconditioned vans that can fit 10-12 people, friendly tour guides and above all - very honest. A couple before us left a wallet and they mailed it to them. The island trip lasts 6 or 7 hours, but you get to see so much. If you want to customize your trip, I am sure they woudl gladly do it. But definitely take a tour in St.Lucia, the island is the most beautifulof all the 5 that Southern Caribbean route passes.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
73 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: St. Lucia must see things

I am wonder how much are these tours for 2 people and how long is it? I am interested in taking one of these tours than taking a shore excursion offered on the ship.

Dyer, Indiana
Level Contributor
149 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: St. Lucia must see things

We boked the Land & Sea tour theough Serenity and had a blast. We ended up being the only ones on the land portion, so it was basically a private tour with us and the tour guide.