We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Restaurants

Kentucky
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best Restaurants

My fiance and I will be visiting in a couple of weeks and I'm trying to decide between 4 restaurants for dinner on two nights. We are staying at Cap Maison, so all 4 are in close enough proximity. They are Chic, The Edge, Tao and Piano Piano. Any advice on which two?

We will be in Rodney Bay on Monday night for a sunset cruise and plan to eat somewhere casual afterward (still in cover up and bathing suits), Jambe de Bois is my thinking for that night. But suggestions welcome!

(The remainder of our meals while at Cap will be taken at The Cliff. And the end of the week we are staying at Jade Mountain and probably eating in the room!) Thanks for any advice!!

Gina

Tours, France
Level Contributor
2,799 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Restaurants

I have dined at all four restaurants on your list, plus The Cliff.

In my opinion I would rate Piano Piano best for quality of food, service and value.

Chic also has excellent service and food, We found the problem with Chic is that it was far more expensive (particularly for the wine) than the others.

I have only been to Tao once, and that was about two years ago. We were very dissapointed, and have not been back since. The tried to pass off ordinary roast duck as confit de canard.

The Edge used to be my favourite restaurant in St Lucia, but in terms of fine dining has now been eclipsed by Piano Piano. Nevertheless, it is a good restaurant, right on the waters edge at the Marina.

So, to pick two out of your list I would say without doubt Piano Piano and The Edge.

You will also not be dissapointed with The Cliff at Cap Maison. It is way up the top of my list, along with Piano Piano, with a superb setting on the top of the cliff overlooking the sea, with views to Pigeon Island and Martinique.

england
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Restaurants

I would agree Piano Piano is excellent so is Chic. In Rodney bay somewhere casual with great steaks is Big Chef or Charterhouse the ribs and onion loaf are wonderful.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Restaurants

Terrific advice. It really helps to hear from those who have experienced it. Thanks much!!

Gina

Maine
Level Contributor
351 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Restaurants

I will be staying at the St. Lucian in three weeks and need some help planning restaurants and bars. I want to be able to walk to dinner from St. Lucian each night. I want two nights of best dining (hoping around 150US for two) and two of fun, less expensive (perhaps 75US for two). I am thinking of The Edge or Chic for fine dining ...are they are walking distance...is Piano Piano walking distance? ...which are the top two nearby? What about casual dining...Spinakers looks like fun...where else? I like walking distance, waterfront ...also outdoor dining if possible.

Where should we go after dinner for a fun bar? What about cocktails before dinner? We want to walk everywhere (half mile radius perhaps). We love to dance or we could be happy with fun music and atmosphere.

Thanks for any tips!

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
670 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Restaurants

Piano Piano is not walking distance. However you have so many great places that are. I am on St Lucia at the moment. Big Chef is always top notch, if it is Friday night Fire Grill for happy hour is very lively, then there is delirious for music late into the night. You are right Spinnakers is lovely right on the beach, very casual with live music on some weekends.

Berkshire
Destination Expert
for Vieux Fort, Gros Islet
Level Contributor
2,131 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Restaurants

Hi,

I think you will struggle to do Edge and Chic at USD 75 per head for 2/3 courses all up inc drinks and service charge etc. But part of the fun is walking around looking ar menus etc during the day.

It is arguable if Big Chef is "fine dining" if you like steak(also fish etc) it is certainly very good quality as is Charthouse(steak/fish/ribs) so if Chic/Edge don't take your fancy try them.

RE the next level down I don't think you can go wrong with Spinnakers and Delirius. I personally wouldn't eat at Firegrill but for cocktails yes. Delirius is good for just about everything, cocktails, dinner, ents and late night. It is a fantastic place. Ti Bannane is also worth a look

STEVE

7. Re: Best Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2010, 05:19