We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le Sport - is it still good to go?

Bucks
Level Contributor
7 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Le Sport - is it still good to go?

My husband and I have been to Le Sport twice. We loved our first visit but the second over Christmas 2006/2007 was disappointing. The service wasn't as good and the building work on the opposite hill didn't offer those great views as we'd previously experienced.

If you've been recently, does the additional accomodation opposite make the holiday less enjoyable? I've read one review that said that passes were sold to appartment owners and that the hotel was no longer adult only.

Is it worth the money?

Tours, France
Level Contributor
2,799 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Le Sport - is it still good to go?

Hello Rosie

I grew up in Buckinghamshire, in Princes Risborough.

Anyway, back to your question.

When I was back in St Lucia a few months ago, they had stopped work on the new villas on the hill to the south west of Le Sport. I heard that they had problems with the foundations slipping in the rain, and also design problems in trying to get so many villas onto a small hill. I heard that work was stopped until some time in the future, and that all purchasers who had paid deposits had been refunded.

Bucks
Level Contributor
7 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Le Sport - is it still good to go?

Thanks Sunlover.

Sounds like the whole thing is a mess. I bet those views are ruined for ever now. What a shame!

Maybe we should try somewhere different... I'll keep researching.

Cheshire - England
Level Contributor
672 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Le Sport - is it still good to go?

Hello

As someone who has been to Le Sport a number of times I have had the same reservations as yourself.

While it is some time since I last went I cannot comment on the situation now but what I have done each time is simply look at the up to date reviews on this site to see what is happening.

Why not have a look at :-

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g147343-d2705…

I think that you can be certain that if the place is not up to standard that people will be putting this in their reviews on this site!!

4. Re: Le Sport - is it still good to go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2009, 05:46