We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Price for eating out

Birmingham
Level Contributor
94 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Price for eating out

We, two people, plan to stay at Coco Palm for two weeks in February/March 2010.

Can anyone tell us what we should expect to pay for an ordinary evening meal ?

We cannot make our mind up either to go half board or not.

Many thanks

Castries, St. Lucia
Level Contributor
261 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Price for eating out

The meals at Coco Palm are more than reasonable. They have a free complimentary breakfast which consist of muffins, breads, cereals, fruits, juice and coffee. The breakfast menu (optional) is inexpensive between US $8 to $11 dollars for a really nice meal. They have an all you can eat on fridays which is moderate price and very good. Plenty of other options right outside of the courtyard all up and down the street. There's a fast food stand right in front of Coco Kreole with pizza and other St. lucian style goodies...very cheap.

Try local meals, very tasty, filling and cheap.

Tours, France
Level Contributor
2,799 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Price for eating out

Although Ti Banane, the restaurant at Coco Palms is good, there are so many other restaurants within a few minutes walk, that I would not want to restrict myself to having to eat in the same place for two weeks.

Prices vary enormously, from simple Pizza places to fine dining at Chic. Typically, in "middle of the road" restaurants like Buzz or Memories of Hong Kong, I pay a total of 250 to 300 EC for aperatifs, entré, main course, and dessert, for two people, including a bottle of wine.

At current exchange rates that between £57 and £68 pounds. The bottle of wine accounts for a significant proportion of that; wine is not cheap in St Lucia.

As you are there for two weeks, I would say do not take the half board option, but when you get there, see if they sell meal plans. Often you find that a hotel will sell you a meal plan including say five evening meals. That way you can have the best of both worlds.

Mentioned in this post
Birmingham
Level Contributor
94 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Price for eating out

Thank you very much for your tips and advices. We will wait till we get there to decide what to do. Cheers

4. Re: Price for eating out

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2010, 05:19