We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coconut Bay Beach or Coco Palm

West Mids
Level Contributor
46 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Coconut Bay Beach or Coco Palm

Thinking of booking at either Coconut Bay Beach (All Inclusive) or Coco Palm (Room only) for next May for 2 weeks. There would be a big party of us (12) and we are trying to get something for everyone. As I understand it Coconut Bay is great for kids, 5 mins from airport and has great facilities but not a good beach and very isolated. It looks like Coco Palm is a lot further from the airport but centrally situated in Rodney Bay, so you have a wide choice of bars & restaurants to chose from. (Is it walking distance to all the restaurants and are they reasonably priced). My concern is that Coconut Beach sounds great fun but feel you may not have much to do outside of the hotel and might get bored with the same restaurant for 2 weeks. has anyone been to both (or either) and could offer some comments to help me make a decision. Also, what is the weather like at the end of May ?

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,425 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coconut Bay Beach or Coco Palm

Why not do a week at each? That way you get a flavor for both areas of the island.

Vieux Fort, St...
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Coconut Bay Beach or Coco Palm

I spent the weekend at Coco Palm with my friend and her two children. Se has just gone off for two days to Coconut Bay so will have her write to you.

However, her comments and mine were that Coco Palm is lovely, got a great pool, centrally located. The bar Ti Bannane is well frequented and the drinks are very reasonably priced - especially in happy hour. We consumed a good many of their cocktails - well done to Cyril the barman for keeping them coming. They also had a great band playing on the friday night.

However, food and eating out around there can get very expensive. I think two weeks there would be too long.

She took the kids off to Coconut Bay because its all inclusive, so the kids can order ice cream and drinks all day, play on the slide park and give her a break.

I agree with the above comment. Spend a week at both. They are very different, and will give a nice contrast.

Vieux Fort, St...
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Coconut Bay Beach or Coco Palm

I spent the weekend at Coco Palm with my friend and her two children. Se has just gone off for two days to Coconut Bay so will have her write to you.

However, her comments and mine were that Coco Palm is lovely, got a great pool, centrally located. The bar Ti Bannane is well frequented and the drinks are very reasonably priced - especially in happy hour. We consumed a good many of their cocktails - well done to Cyril the barman for keeping them coming. They also had a great band playing on the friday night.

However, food and eating out around there can get very expensive. I think two weeks there would be too long.

She took the kids off to Coconut Bay because its all inclusive, so the kids can order ice cream and drinks all day, play on the slide park and give her a break.

I agree with the above comment. Spend a week at both. They are very different, and will give a nice contrast.

Cornwall,UK
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
3,487 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coconut Bay Beach or Coco Palm

Coconut Bay is agreat family resort with great staff and kids will love it. Its good for adults too with brilliant cocktails,swim up bar and good evening entertainment and nice areas to relax.

Plenty of trips available if you want to see more of the island. Beach is the weak point but i agree a week at each would get you the best of everything.

5. Re: Coconut Bay Beach or Coco Palm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2010, 06:20