We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anse Lay Ray fish fry

Salem
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Anse Lay Ray fish fry

I just posted a question regarding the fish fry. Does anyone know what time it gets started and how long does it go on? Also do you know if they have any street vendors there?

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,336 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anse Lay Ray fish fry

As far as I can remember we arrived there at about 6pm and left at about 9.30pm, it had already started when we arrived and was still going on when we left. When you ask about street vendors I guess that you mean people selling souvenir’s etc, yes there are some vendors there. We really enjoyed Fish Friday and hope to return again next year.

florida
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
761 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anse Lay Ray fish fry

The Anse la Raye fish fry goes on into the wee hours !! And, by the way, fish fry is really not a good description as the fish is grilled or steamed -- not fried. From Coconut Bay, it would be quite a drive -- I would questimate about 1 1/2 hrs ??? You are in the far south eastern coast of the island; Anse La Raye is on the mid western coast. It doesn't look like it's far on a map, but roads are not direct.

Oxford...
Level Contributor
32 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anse Lay Ray fish fry

We just got back last week from St. Lucia. Had the opportunity to try the fish fry. What a great experience! We stayed at TiKaye, and for a small fee, they drove all of us (aprox 10 couples) to the festival at 7:30pm. We had to be dragged away by Ben our driver at aprox. 10pm. It was still going strong! Plenty of vendors selling fish, rum punch, trinkets etc. We discovered that the crab backs were excellent, but did not like the snails, needed some kind of sauce, very blande. You gotta try it!!!! well worth the experience, but be careful of the the rum punch, especially the "bach en trae" not sure of the spelling, but basically it is spiced rum with herbs and spices marinated for god knows how long! It really packs a wallop