We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkelling at Rendezvous

Midlands
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Snorkelling at Rendezvous

Does anyone know whether these is any snorkelling at Rendezvous on Malabar beach?

We are looking for honeymoons, but snorkelling once highup on my list. I have been looking at Anse Chastanet, but was struggling to find availability for next November on the Virgin Website.

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
670 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkelling at Rendezvous

Have you looked at Ti Kaye, the snorkelling there is pretty good.

Axminster, United...
Level Contributor
287 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkelling at Rendezvous

Dived from but didn't snorkel at The Rendezvous. There are some shallows about 50 yds off shore. There is a bit of a surf break and I think that the sand is stirred by this break so viz. would not be too good. Diving off the resort was cancelled quite often because of poor viz.

The rule of thumb is that diving gets better the further south towards the Pitons you go. Also, viz. is affected by rainfall run off from the island. For a couple of days or so after heavy rainfall, the viz is reduced. It is still quite reasonable and there is some good diving/snorkelling from the beaches further south.

Midlands
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkelling at Rendezvous

I guess its easy to hire a car and drive to good snorkelling sites? The places further south seem to be higher budget.

Tours, France
Level Contributor
2,799 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkelling at Rendezvous

As has already been said, the snorkelling at Rendezvous is not good.

If you hire a car, you can drive down to Ti Kaye (about 45 minutes from Rendezvous) or Anse Chastenet (about 90 minutes). Both have good snorkelling, but I prefer Anse Chastenet. Both have restaurants on the beach, so you can make a day of it and have lunch there if you want to. Jalousie, which is a bit further than Anse Chastenet, also has good snorkelling, but some recent posts have reported that they have restricted access to visitors.

A nearer spot for snorkelling is Smugglers Cove. It is not so good as the other two, but still OK. It is however much easier to get to - about 25 minutes north of Rendezvous, the other side of Rodney Bay.

5. Re: Snorkelling at Rendezvous

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2010, 05:16