We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

white sand

Toronto ON
Level Contributor
8 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
white sand

Are there any white sandy beaches anywhere in st lucia?

florida
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
760 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: white sand

One that is imported sand -- at Jalousie. Rest are either black sand (to the south) or "tan" sandy sand to the north. This is a volcanic island; not a coral one

scraigobrien
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: white sand

If you want white sand, go to Turks & Caicos.

But, between the two I prefer St. Lucia. The hilly green landscape gives it the extra edge.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: white sand

Any white sand you come across in St Lucia is imported .We sued the ebach at Anse Cahstanet everyday it was perfect.

Jersey City, New...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, St. Lucia
Level Contributor
4,222 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: white sand

I spent a glorious holiday at Jalousie Plantation... trust me, when you're sitting on the beach or snorkeling in their amazing marine preserve, you'll only know that the sand is beautiful and white. That it's imported will be completely insignificant!! LOL!!! ;~>

Yes, T&C has white sand beaches, but the ones you'll find on Anguilla are more spectacular, much less crowded and peaceful. Shoal Bay East has some action with restaurants and beach bars you can walk to, Upper Shoal Bay is more isolated with great shore snorkeling. There's also Rendezvous Bay, Cove Bay, Little Bay...the list goes on and on and the island is a relatively small one.

I used to live in St. Lucia, it's a very special vacation experience. ENJOY!

5. Re: white sand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2010, 05:16