We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quiet and away from the crowds lodging.

Iowa
Level Contributor
15 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Quiet and away from the crowds lodging.

My wife and I are planning a trip to St. Lucia for about a year from now. I know that I am getting a bit ahead of myself, but we are so excited, that we are already looking/planning. We would love to find a house/villa/cabana that is in an area that is less crowded. We are interested in hiking, nature, birds/animals, scenery, snorkeling, and a quiet beach. A house with a kitchen, and a pool would be fantastic. Anyone have any advise for us?

Price range - prefer under $2500 USD/week.

Thanks...

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,453 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quiet and away from the crowds lodging.

You will want to have a look around Soufriere as it's plenty quiet there and has the other things you are looking for. Stonefield Estates has units with kitchens but there are plenty of villas for rent as well. Tamarind House, Bananaquit House and Villas des Pitons seem to be popular with TA posters.

Iowa
Level Contributor
15 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quiet and away from the crowds lodging.

Nevera, these look like some beautiful places to stay, however they all appear to run somewhere in the $5000/week range. Does anyone know of nice places in the $2500/week or less range?

florida
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
771 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quiet and away from the crowds lodging.

Look to the left of this page under "vacaton rentals" --- also on vrbo.com -- homeaway.com -- VacationRentals.com ---- stlucia.org. It's wise to start early as that way you get the best choices!!

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,453 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quiet and away from the crowds lodging.

Check this one out. I'm not familiar with it but it's in the price range:

http://www.vrbo.com/31975

Castries, St. Lucia
Level Contributor
261 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quiet and away from the crowds lodging.

I stayed at Mirage. It's in the town of Laborie right on the beach. No other tourist staying with a mile or more, only beach foot traffic that's not intrusive. The beach house also comes with maid service included. It's on the Caribbean side, so the water is like a large swimming pool. I really enjoyed this place.

http://uptodatestlucia.com/index.php?id=109

New Hampshire
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Quiet and away from the crowds lodging.

We are staying at Crystal's, definitely under your price range. It looks quaint, private and beautiful! We will be there March 20th - 27th. Check it out:

http://www.stluciacrystals.com/

Good Luck!

Vieux Fort, St...
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Quiet and away from the crowds lodging.

Consider self catering as well. There are a couple of apartments worth considering, such as The Still Beach resort. Room 5 has a/c, cable t.v. a kitchen, living room and lovely balcony right on the beach. Also look at Hummingbird next door, Diamond View near the Botanical Gardens, Cashew Villa high up on the Anse Chastanet Road, the small cottage at Fleur des Pitons, The Treehouse on the Anse Chastanet Road, La Dauphine and Fond Doux>

8. Re: Quiet and away from the crowds lodging.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2010, 05:16