We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

west coast driving tour - Castries to Soufriere

Toronto
Level Contributor
5,123 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
west coast driving tour - Castries to Soufriere

I am hoping to do all this in one day's drive starting as early as I can get breakfast and out of Morgan Bay. My plan is visit as many points of interest as possible - the main obectives are Enbas Saut Falls trail, Toraille Waterfall, Sulphur Springs and either Piton Beach or Anse De Chastenet. In between I was thinking of visiting Morne Fortune, Marigot Bay, River Rock Falls. Is it possible to visit all these places in one day without rushing too much?

Tours, France
Level Contributor
2,799 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: west coast driving tour - Castries to Soufriere

In my opinion you are being way too ambitious. It will take you at least one and a half hours to drive down to Soufriere from AMB, and that is if you know the roads. The map they give you with the hire car is not very detailed, and there are not many signposts. So you will spend a lot of time searching for the places in your list.

I would suggest you drive straight to Anse Chastenet, swim and have lunch there, and then stop at Marigot Bay for an hour on the way back.

Toronto
Level Contributor
5,123 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: west coast driving tour - Castries to Soufriere

Thanks - I've ordered a Skyviews Road Map that I saw online - it's not quite as detailed as other maps but it shows many of the attractions and points of interest on the island.

Vieux Fort, St...
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: west coast driving tour - Castries to Soufriere

The rainforest part of the tour is the longest - you are going to have to leave 4 hours for that, so say you arrive for 10 you wont get back into Soufriere town until 2.30 - it will give you time to go to Toraille, the sulphur spring and rest on the beach before driving back - but you will kick yourself for not having time to snorkel around the Pitons. Do the waterfalls and beach bit on a second trip to really enjoy them. As for the other places, you could stop for dinner at marigot bay on the way back - forget the waterfalls in Anse Le Raye in the dark!

Toronto
Level Contributor
5,123 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: west coast driving tour - Castries to Soufriere

Thanks for the replies - everything looks so close on the map but I know getting to some spots can be very time consuming.

Definitely going to do some snorkeling near the Pitons: from what I've read it seems the best place would be just off the beach at Anse De Chastanet, which I am planning to do the afternoon I arrive as I'm going to be driving a rental up the west coast to AMB rather than taking the shuttle. Hopefully there will be enough time for Sunday Brunch at Dasheene otherwise I will probably just head straight for the beach and get some food there.

5. Re: west coast driving tour - Castries to Soufriere

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2010, 06:17