We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cotton Bay resort & Cricket

Grosse Pointe...
Level Contributor
8 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Cotton Bay resort & Cricket

Coming to watch a couple of cricket matches with my sons. Unfortunately we made a late decision and were unable to get anything at Bay Gardens Resort, apparently THE place to stay with kids or location and amenities.

We're considering Cotton Bay (for it's good reviews). We want to go to Beausojeour stadium and do day trips around the island. Would appreciate input for the following ques:

!) Any advice, hints, heads-up for Cotton Bay?

2) should we go through a tour service or hire a driver for entire day and plan our own itinerary?

3) how readily available are cabs and taxis in St. Lucia (esp during busy season)

4) anyone else with kids going to be there for cricket and touring?

Thank-you in advance. Jess

Cosol Tours
Sightseeing Tours
Spencer Ambrose Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Speed Boats Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
JJ Speed Boat Tour
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, Speed Boats Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling
Tours, France
Level Contributor
2,799 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cotton Bay resort & Cricket

Cotton Bay is fine for the cricket. It is in walking distance of the ground, although with children it would not be practical.

Taxis are readily available at Cotton Bay and elsewhere on the island.

Hiring your own vehicle, hiring a driver for the day, or doing a tour with an operator like Sunlink are all possibilities.

Berkshire
Destination Expert
for Vieux Fort, Gros Islet
Level Contributor
2,203 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cotton Bay resort & Cricket

Hi,

Nothing wrong with Cotton Bay but it is isolated from Rodney Bay where all the action is.

You could try the following: Coco Palm, Ginger Lily, Bay Gardens Hotel, Royal by Rex, Rex St Lucian. I have put them in my order of preference starting with the Coco Palm.

STEVE

Grosse Pointe...
Level Contributor
8 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cotton Bay resort & Cricket

Thanks for the info! My boys are 10 and 13 (sporty types) so maybe we could walk to the grounds? How long of a walk do you think it is? Thinking of splitting time staying at both Rodney Bay and Cotton Bay resort

Grosse Pointe...
Level Contributor
8 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cotton Bay resort & Cricket

Thanks BigSTeve_8. That is helpful to know. I am thinking of spliting time between resorts as availability is on one day or another. We had to do that on our travels in India but it worked out really well as we got to see different areas.

My question is: how are the noise levels from Bars late at night in Rodney bay.

5. Re: Cotton Bay resort & Cricket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about St. Lucia