We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants that are good and not expensive in St Lucia?

chicago
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants that are good and not expensive in St Lucia?

We are staying in Sourfriere and Marigot Bay and were wondering what restaurants people found, whether inside a hotel or a local place in town, that they found to have good food and not break the wallet? We would love to eat at Ladera, but can't afford $100+ per person. Any places that have good food and charge $10 - $25 or so per person is what we would like to find? Thanks in advance.

Phila, PA
Level Contributor
199 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants that are good and not expensive in St Lucia?

In Marigot you can eat at Chatue Mygo or Doolittles and not break the bank. There is also Moniqui's right up the hill, great local food. The best way to eat at Ladare with out breaking the bank is Sunday Brunch. I have gathered a list of places from posts on this site to try over my next few visits. Here is the list-these are copy/pasted from other people's posts.

Martha's Tables, on the Jalousie Road, nice local freshly cooked food - call ahead on 459 7270 and I am sure Martha will make you something nice.

Mango Tree at Stonefield, nice setting, good food, on the pricey side.

Captain Hooks opposite Hummingbird. Dont take the dinner menu, just order fish chips and salad or chicken chips and salad. All freshly prepared, tasty and cheap.

Fedos, back of town in New Development - only opens for lunch. Where the locals eat. Good rotis, fish meals and very affordable.- Soufriere

New place just opened behind the church, Angels. Good tasty local food.

Pam's Place, somewhere between Castries and Anse La Raye.

Beacon Restaurant- Soufreire

Laurel’s on Trouya Road (the approach road to Windjammer Landings), yellow building on the left hand side.

Michelle Elliot's studio/ restaurant on the Mourne overlooking Castries Harbor one of the best meals eaten in the Caribbean in over 47 years. Quality food, properly cooked without the Noveau Cuisine embellishments

in Laborie is called the Big Bamboo Cafe. It is 2 blocks from the big church, at the corner of High Street and Guy O'Reilly Street. It's a local eatery so not fancy but the food was sooooo gooood! 30EC for a really nice fish meal. 15EC for a huge piece of cheesecake

Jacques Waterfront Dinning (Froggie Jacks) Very friendly and efficient service, a large (about 5 feet tall) menu and delicious food. One of the most beloved and unforgetable events of our 10 days in the islands.

Pork City-Thursday nights

Vieux Fort, St...
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants that are good and not expensive in St Lucia?

Mickmm I am impressed - you got all my favorites, and the new ones! I love La Monique in Marigot for the food, Marthas Tables (my old cook when I had a restaurant) and Captain Hooks with the kids in Soufriere - Gees is nice too - great food. Put La Haut on the Soufriere list for lunch they do a set meal for $35 e.c. and the views are stunning. Going to try Big Bamboo in Laborie this weekend when I go to the jazz on the beach Sunday...

Phila, PA
Level Contributor
199 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants that are good and not expensive in St Lucia?

I think I stole most of them from your posts. I also like, I think it is Benny's Paradise or something like that. I have done La Haut for lunch, but there was no view that day. Just over a week until we return. This will be our fourth trip since our first trip in 2008. I just love St Lucia and plan to retire there some day. Since we love to travel, and I have never been one to return to the same place twice, this is always our budget trip for the year. So I am always on the lookout for good local places to eat.

England
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,398 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants that are good and not expensive in St Lucia?

Very useful for me too! I will be printing off this list. Thanks..

florida
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
760 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants that are good and not expensive in St Lucia?

I'd like to add to this ----

Between Marigot and Anse La Raye -- Tropical Dream -- dinner -- call Benny (she) at 714-4312 to let her know you're coming.

The Hardest Hard -- on the road from Castries to La Toc -- -right across from the harbor on the left if heading to the sea. Very local and good food.

Toronto
Level Contributor
5,119 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants that are good and not expensive in St Lucia?

I've been twice to The Wharf on Choc Beach - not much ambiance but the food is good and prices are reasonable.

7. Re: Restaurants that are good and not expensive in St Lucia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 November 2010, 05:15