We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jalousie 2011 prices

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
3,856 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Jalousie 2011 prices

I was shocked to see one website (Letsgo2) quoting £6.2k for 2 weeks AI at the Jalousie in a Sugar Mill Room for end of April. Can anyone suggest a good travel agent for cheaper prices? Or is it that as Jalousie is converting to Tides they've already started to hike the prices?

Manchester
Level Contributor
550 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jalousie 2011 prices

We got an ecellent deal off Caribbean Connection in the UK for June 2010, they also have some deals for sept aug of this year. Dont know about 2011 but you could give them a try, they have a web site.

A

Chicago Burbs, IL
Destination Expert
for Soufriere
Level Contributor
3,508 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Jalousie 2011 prices

Well...they have been changing up their web site recently and unfortunately they seem (that I can see..arenot showing a rack rate room list any longer that I can find?) previously they had already changed (upped) the prices on the rebuilt cottage/villa rooms, though were offering some very good specials on all rooms, relative to the rebuilt versus what folks were calling the vintage cottage/villa rooms or the sugar mill rooms for 2010.

Hopefully once they get situated they will again offer some good specials for 2011. April of course is high season so that in it's self is an, ouch! Also NEW on the web site is their Best Rates Guaranteed so keep this in mind.

Edited: 22 May 2010, 15:09
Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
3,856 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jalousie 2011 prices

So prices should be cheaper for May rather than April?

Manchester
Level Contributor
550 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jalousie 2011 prices

Just noticed your name DeneBebbo!! are you having a change from the Maldives?.

We are, hope we have not made a big mistake, if we have I will blame OH, he fancied a change.

Still check out the Maldives forum though.

Looking for a deal maybe later in the year, think once you have been to the Maldives its hard to go anywhere else.

A

Chicago Burbs, IL
Destination Expert
for Soufriere
Level Contributor
3,508 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Jalousie 2011 prices

Their previous dates for low season started May 1st.

When we stayed, as the Jalousie Hilton the lower season rates started June 1st so no telling, how they could change things up in the future.

They really were keeping the rack rates down, some lowered over the past 10 years...Unfortunately I think those days are gone...considering the rack rates of the rebuilt units....one can only hope for future specials.

Their recent past season dates

Low season

( 1st May 2009 to 17th Dec 2009)

Premium Holiday

(18th Dec 2009 to 4th Jan 2010 )

mid season

(5th Jan 2010 to 30th Apr 2010)

low season rack rate for the "Sugar Mill" was $290 for 2010 (1st May 2010 to 30th June 2010) no further dates were listed. $470 was the 2009 mid season rack rate for the SM

Edited: 22 May 2010, 17:21
Chicago Burbs, IL
Destination Expert
for Soufriere
Level Contributor
3,508 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Jalousie 2011 prices

To give you an example of the price increase that has/had already taken place for 2010 with the newly built cottage/villa rooms.

(1st May 2010 to 30th June 2010)

$380 for the original "Villa Mountain View"

$610 for the Newly built with name change to

"Luxury Villa Mountain View"

Edited: 22 May 2010, 18:05
Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
3,856 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jalousie 2011 prices

Thanks for the info everyone. The Jalousie is a resort I really want to go to but cost may scupper my dream. In 2008 we booked for May 2009 at the Jalousie but had to cancel it when the resort was scheduled to close, only to find out later that it didn't close after all! At the time we got a price of £5.5k for 2 weeks AI in a mountain view room with plunge pool and premium economy seats on the flight. Looks like we'd now have to pay at least that and travel in cattle class.

Hi sxi1, we've only been to the Maldives twice but after the first trip I became a Maldives anorak and spend most of my TA time on that forum. From now on we're going to alternate between the Caribbean and Maldives. Even though I can see why some people return the Maldives every year we like a change of scene that the Caribbean gives.

Manchester
Level Contributor
550 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jalousie 2011 prices

Hi Denebebbo

Agree with you about being a Maldive forum anorak!!. we have been to the Maldive 4 times and a few time to the Caribean, as I said we got a really good deal, pity you cant go Sept/Oct this year think you could grab a deal with the travel agency we used. We are in a Mountain view villa (vintage!) 2 weeks half board, premium economy seats and 2K less then you were quoted.

It will be out of our price range when Tides fully take over.

A

Worcester UK
Level Contributor
439 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Jalousie 2011 prices

Hi Denebebo and sx1 - just jumped from Maldives forum where read your Fili report Dene!!! I also am a maldives forum anorak but wanted ot day have stayed at Jalousie and abolutely loved it. Would go back like a shot and in fact off to Bodyholuday which used to be in same group as jalousie on 1st June for our silver wedding as thought it would suit our sons who are coming. I thought i should see a different caribbean island but loved st Lucia so much a it has stunning scenery. The setting of jalousie is amazing. So think you will love it if you go even though you are a Maldives junkie Am off to Maldives in Jan 2011 but might do caribbean again after that ! I used Virgin on a late deal for Jalousie and got a great price but got a great price for bodyholiday with a firm called caribtours. Booked last July and paid less than even last minute delas are quoting now.

see you again on one forum or the other!

Manchester
Level Contributor
550 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jalousie 2011 prices

Mrs Baggie we fly out also june 1st, prob on same plane. We intend going back to the Maldives in Jan2011, love it there in Jan, just cant decide which island.

A