We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cap Maison??

wisconsin
8 posts
Save Topic
Cap Maison??

Hello All, Just wondering if anyone knows anything about Cap Maison Resort- Beach, food drinks etc... The cost of food, entertainment- any info would be much appreciated!! Thanks

Tours, France
Level Contributor
2,799 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cap Maison??

I have not stayed at Cap Maison, but I have been there for dinner several times, and have also been shown around the resort shortly after it opened.

It is a small high quality resort, perched on top of the cliffs about 10 minutes by taxi from Rodney Bay. It is next door to Almond Smugglers Cove, and less than a kilometre from Le Sport.

The accomodation is very high class. The Cliff restaurant is one of the best in St Lucia, with views across to Pigeon Island to the south and Martinique to the north.

The resort itself has no beach, but there is a small beach called Smugglers Cove (nothing to do with the Almond Smugglers Cove resort) just to the side of Cap Maison. You have to exit the resort, and then take steps down to the beach. It is about the only beach in the north of St Lucia that is any good for snorkelling.

If you want to venture out, Rodney Bay has a very large beach, with lots of restaurants and bars, and as I said is only 10 minutes away.

Hockessin, DE
Level Contributor
84 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cap Maison??

we are staying at Cap in Nov then to Ladera. Two distinct facilities on oppisite sides of the island. I liked so far the attentiveness of Ross Simon the GM, and Rufus, the PR gentleman.

We liked the idea of a small intimate resort with a great restaurant. Good luck

England
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,452 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cap Maison??

The GM at Cap Mason is Ross Stevenson I think not Ross Simon. He is constantly on resort and keeps an eye on things.

I stayed there for one night in June. We had a 3 floor house with a jacuzzi leading off the bedroom and an upstairs party terrace on the roof. It was a lovely place. I did a review on it. We have dined many times at the Cliff restaurant and it was very good. I can't comment on the breakfast, although it was included we had a party the night before and got up too late (!). Lunches were good. The resort is on the expensive side with regards to food and drinks, although the winelist was surprisingly reasonable.

The beach is some steps down from the resort and the steps are located just outside. The water is nice but a bit choppy when we were there. The watersports staff were great.

Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Cap Maison??

Cap Maison is situated about 8 minutes from Rodney Bay. It has a lovley small cove called Smugglers Cove with a beach bar, non motorised watersport, great snorkelling

You will find more information on our restaurant The Cliff at Cap at

www.thecliffatcap.com

NIce to hear you may be staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you

kind regards

Ross

Ross Stevenson - General Manager

Cap Maison

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
7 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cap Maison??

Mr. Stevenson,

I have only read positive remarks about the location and beauty of Cap Maison, the exceptional service and of your hands-on management style. In fact, I have read your responses to some TA reviews and been impressed by your gracious professionalism and quick address of valid gripes. And so I would like to bring a matter of concern to your attention.

My new husband and I were heart-broken by the pictures we saw of the destruction Lucians are suffering and personally disheartened by the state of Ladera where we had booked the last days of our Lucian honeymoon. We decided to continue with our honeymoon in St. Lucia, even though we have apprehensions, we felt it was the right thing to do to help the island get back on it's feet.

We were enticed by the Spice Necklace package as we are both foodies and this package is so different from what is offered by other high-end establishments.

We became disappointed at the end of our communications with the Cap Maison agent, when she informed us that boat transfer was more costly than road transfer and that we should arrange that part with Stonefield, where we will be staying prior to CP. This is not the kind of response or service we would expect from a five star establishment. We would have very much appreciated the hotel offering to arrange it and charging it to our bill. Or offering recommendations of some better boat transfer operations. I really don't know where to start, what to expect and am a bit nervous about being able to secure a transfer as I have read about full and not enough boats. As your agent suggested, I will contact the Stonefield agent, as she has been very kind and helpful in providing information. Can you recommend some operations or individuals that run boats?

After St. Lucia, we will be going on to Petite St. Vincent and they have arranged all the transfers for us, of course,

adding the costs to our bill. This is what we would expect and hopefully, something you may want to take into consideration for future Cap Maison visitors.

Thank you for your attention

Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Cap Maison??

Good mornin and thank you for your email and I am sorry that you have had difficulty in arrnaging transfers

Can you please confirm back to me the following

are you currently in St Lucia

When do you require the transfer

Once I hav this information I can progress with your transfer from the south

kind regards

Ross

purley
Level Contributor
2,260 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cap Maison??

We went for a meal at the cliff when we were in St Lucia in october and i can honestly say its one of the best meals i have ever had anywhere in the world the service and ambiance were second to none and the double baked passion fruit souffle was to die for, i would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone.

England
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,452 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cap Maison??

Seconded! The food there is lovely.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
7 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cap Maison??

Thank you, Mr. Stevenson for your response.

No, we are not yet in St. Lucia and so that is why I was hoping for arrangement or more information, as I do not know what to expect upon arrival. I have read that the boat ride situation is a bit harried in the Soufriere area because of all the aid worker/personnel going to/fro the south via boat as it is the only option as of now. If I am being silly and it is just a simple matter of going to the water and scheduling with someone, we can certainly do that.

We really are not "that couple" that starts complaining before we even arrive. More, we are just looking for some guidance as we want to avoid any bad surprises.

Any advice or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

We transfer to Cap Maison on the 22nd and are very much looking forward

to our stay there.

Kind regards,

mcm

Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Cap Maison??

OK, let me get working on that for you and I will be back in contact by the end of today

In brief, you would be hard pressed to see evidence that a hurricane had past through in the north except for the road that pass though the rain foresst - which is now open to traffic during the day and is currently closing at 7:00pm for remedial works

Power has been restored to 95% of the island and St Lucians are working feverishly to get roads cleared etc in the south

Attractions and Excursion companies are now back in business

The cruise ships have kindly donated water to the country which is helping the short term distribution problem