We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking, swimming and snorkelling in Marigot Bay

Regina, SK
Level Contributor
80 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Walking, swimming and snorkelling in Marigot Bay

My husband and I are staying at the Mango Beach Inn for two weeks, and I wondered if there are sufficient trails and hikes to walk on, what the distances would be, etc. as we are avid walkers, and were hoping for at least a 45 minute walk around Marigot Bay on various paths. Is this do-able?

Also, what is the swimming/snorkelling like at Labas Beach? Is it simply too busy with all of the ships coming and going, or will we be able to make use of the beach for these activities at all, or will we have to go elsewhere?

Dive Saint Lucia
Scuba & Snorkeling
JJ Speed Boat Tour
Scuba & Snorkeling, Speed Boats Tours, Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Solomon Water Taxi & Tours
Scuba & Snorkeling, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Boat Tours
Camillus, NY
Level Contributor
812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking, swimming and snorkelling in Marigot Bay

I would like to know this, too, so I will bump up the post!

Regina, SK
Level Contributor
80 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking, swimming and snorkelling in Marigot Bay

Where are you going and are you also staying at the Mango Beach Inn? We'll be there Jan 30 - Feb 17. Maybe we'll see you there!

Forest Hill...
Level Contributor
88 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking, swimming and snorkelling in Marigot Bay

There is a fairly rigorous path on your side of the Bay that goes up behind Oasis Marigot cottages, where you can watch the sun set.

If you put Marigot Bay St Lucia in Google Maps, it will show a map of the roads on the other side of the bay. We like to walk up there to explore and see who is building new houses. There are nice views of the ocean as well. Going up the hill, if you take the first left, then the second right, the path will take you to a cove where we visit to find shells and sea glass. You might want to go early before it gets too hot and be sure to take some drinking water with you.

Camillus, NY
Level Contributor
812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking, swimming and snorkelling in Marigot Bay

We are staying at Mango Beach Inn for 3 nights. We arrive 2/24, so we just miss you! Judith seems very nice, and helpful! I bet she can point out some good walks,too.

We are probably going to bring our own snorkel equipment. How is the swimming/snorkeling close to Mango Beach Inn?

Forest Hill...
Level Contributor
88 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walking, swimming and snorkelling in Marigot Bay

The snorkelling is not the best in Marigot itself, we have snorkled out from Doolottles Tiki bar- not too many fish and cloudy from all the boats going in and out. By boat you are only a few minutes away from Anse Cochon, a good dive and snorkelling site. A bit further south takes you to Anse Chastenet and Jalousie.

The Beach at Marigot is nice enough, we usually spend at least part of one day there. They have lounge chairs and places to get a drink and buy souvenirs.

Castries, St. Lucia
Level Contributor
261 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Walking, swimming and snorkelling in Marigot Bay

The best snorkeling is down south. Worth a day trip at least once. There is a small roped off area that's good for wading a swimming close by. Lounge chairs for rent close by as mentioned.

Some extra things to know.

The best piton on tap is served in a tal glass is at the Hurricane Hole Bar. Just walk down the dock to the end.

http://uptodatestlucia.com/listing.php?id=98

Sunshine Beach Bar & Tip Sea Beach Bar are both located across from the roped off swimming area.

http://uptodatestlucia.com/listing.php?id=721

http://uptodatestlucia.com/listing.php?id=712

Lenny's Unique Necklaces & Gem Stones

I have not seen such nice work and quality gems anywhere else on the island for the price he offer's. It's truly unique and worth looking at if you are in Marigot. He's located next to the beach bars.

http://uptodatestlucia.com/listing.php?id=718

Great places to eat.

Rainforest hidaway (in the bay) ~ fine dining

Doolittle's (in the bay) ~ casual but very nice

Boudreaux (in the bay) ~ fine dining

Fish n Tings (up the hill) ~ casual picnic style tables

Juliette's ~ casual nice

Marigot Bay tends to be mosquitoey at night, so be prepared

Hopefully these tips will help enhance you stay in Marigot Bay

Camillus, NY
Level Contributor
812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Walking, swimming and snorkelling in Marigot Bay

Thanks! Very helpful. We are staying down south for the following 7 nights, so will definitely snorkel while down there. Maybe while in Marigot, we will take a water taxi to Anse Cochran to snorkel. Also, up to Pigeon Island. Some much to do, so little time. ....and we have to relax!! LOL.

Regina, SK
Level Contributor
80 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Walking, swimming and snorkelling in Marigot Bay

Thanks very much for the great info! Sorry we will miss you guys that are coming before us!

One other question - how is the weather at the beginning of February? Does it rain much? I'm hoping not!

9. Re: Walking, swimming and snorkelling in Marigot Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2012, 07:26