We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dasheene at Ladera or The Coal Pot

Bordon, United...
Level Contributor
183 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Dasheene at Ladera or The Coal Pot

Dasheene at Ladera or The Coal Pot - which of these restuarants do you think is best in terms of food/romance? Please could anyone give us any idea about the prices at Dasheene? We have had very snooty replies when we have asked about this and no information! May be this speaks volumes about what our decission should be. I am also concerned that some people have mentioned over charging at Daheene.

Are there any other places people would recommend that are romantic and have good food?

Toronto
Level Contributor
5,128 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dasheene at Ladera or The Coal Pot

Rainforest Hideaway in Marigot Bay is very romantic and the food is good. Dasheene is quite expensive - we paid $25USD pp for Sunday Brunch - it's worth a visit even if it's just for a cocktail in the afternoon - the view is spectacular - www.shutterpoint.com/Photos-ViewPhoto.cfm…

Edited: 16 January 2011, 16:11
essex
Level Contributor
521 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dasheene at Ladera or The Coal Pot

dasheenes !! thats all im gonna say.

Tours, France
Level Contributor
2,799 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dasheene at Ladera or The Coal Pot

You don't say where you are staying. The Coal Pot is north of Castries, whereas Dasheene is in the south, above Soufriere. If you are staying in the north dinner at Dasheene is not really pratical, it is over one hour's drive; and vice versa.

In terms of quality of food I do not rate either of the restaurants very highly. I would however rate Coal Pot better than Ladera. We have eaten twice at Ladera, and been dissapointed both times.

If you are staying in the north, I would recommend The Cliff at Cap Maison and the Edge at Rodney Bay for setting and quality of food.

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,444 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dasheene at Ladera or The Coal Pot

I highly recommend The Cliff at Cap Maison if you are staying in the North of the island. It's a romantic and beautiful setting plus great food. Price is similar to Coal Pot but food is much better and so is the setting.

If in the South then Dasheene. I haven't been there in a long time so can't give an idea of costs.

Bordon, United...
Level Contributor
183 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dasheene at Ladera or The Coal Pot

Thank you. I haven't heard of these other ones but I will check them out :-)

surrey
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dasheene at Ladera or The Coal Pot

Another restaurant with great food in the north is The Edge right on Rodney Bay Marina. The food is excellent and the setting romantic if you book a table on the terrace overlooking the water.

England
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,500 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dasheene at Ladera or The Coal Pot

If you are in the north then Cap Maison or the Edge would be good. If you have a smaller budget then Jacques is worth looking at. Jacques and Cap Maison have reasonably priced winelists. The Edge is also good for Sushi.

Europe
Level Contributor
236 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dasheene at Ladera or The Coal Pot

Can anyone estimate the price for dinner + drinks + dessert for two at Dasheene?

Camillus, NY
Level Contributor
795 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dasheene at Ladera or The Coal Pot

Rainforest Hideaway, Marigot Bay.

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
670 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dasheene at Ladera or The Coal Pot

Dashee for sure. Agree with The Cliff though but it is a long way to the North.