We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. Lucia Departure Tax

Connecticut
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
St. Lucia Departure Tax

Does anyone know the Departure Tax? I as there 2 years ago and am not sure if it has changed (or if the websites I see list the correct amount).

madison wisconsin
Level Contributor
926 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St. Lucia Departure Tax

There is no departure tax anymore. Used to be $26 U.S. I believe it's included in your airline ticket now (at least coming from U.S.)

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
12,522 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St. Lucia Departure Tax

the departure tax has been incorporated into every airline ticket - regardless of where you are traveling to - for several years now. You don't have to worry about it at the airport.

Have a great trip.

Milford, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St. Lucia Departure Tax

"the departure tax has been incorporated into every airline ticket - regardless of where you are traveling to..."

That is a completely inaccurate statement. I know for a fact that you have to pay a departure tax when leaving Antigua for one example and I am sure there are other destinations that still require it. But as Okey states, St. Lucia is not one of them (for US residents).

Tours, France
Level Contributor
2,799 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St. Lucia Departure Tax

From Irelady:

"the departure tax has been incorporated into every airline ticket - regardless of where you are traveling to...That is a completely inaccurate statement. I know for a fact that you have to pay a departure tax when leaving Antigua for one example and I am sure there are other destinations that still require it. But as Okey states, St. Lucia is not one of them (for US residents)."

Irelady

Given that the original question was entitled "St Lucia Departure Tax" the statement by Reedprincess is completely accurate. There is no departure tax on flights from St Lucia, regardless of where you are travelling to. Whatever happens in Antigua has got nothing to do with this thread, and I do not understand the logic (or lack of) of your reply.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: St. Lucia Departure Tax

Thanks for all replies!

Milford, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: St. Lucia Departure Tax

Sunlover,

I feel it is better to set the record straight for those reading these forums that could also be interested in visiting other islands, etc....rather than leave a blatantly incorrect piece of information out there for people to read.

Yes, the question was about departure tax for St. Lucia and Reedprincess should have limited her response to just that rather than put a generalized incorrect statement for a reply.

I have no idea why my correcting that false statement is a wrong thing to do (in your opinion) but I would rather let people know the truth.

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
12,522 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: St. Lucia Departure Tax

Well, IrieLady, as my statement was not false or inaccurate regarding the posters inquiry or info for St. Lucia for that matter, I don't see where the need to "correct it" came from or the need to call me a liar.

As my info is absolutely correct for St. Lucia, that is all I was posting for. I did not make any claims for any other place in the world, simply responded to the OP's question, which did not include a request for info on anywhere but St. Lucia.

And - if you were correcting it "for the record for everywhere in the world", then why not correct okey's too - when they write that "there is no departure tax"? Wouldn't that, by your own explanation, be a completely inaccurate statement also? As you have correctly pointed out, there's a departure tax in Antigua!

There is no need to be rude or call other answerers liars on these boards. We are all trying to help each other enjoy the best experience in St. Lucia - or whatever other threads you post on - as possible. If the info is incorrect with regards to the original post - or to a specific question later in the thread, then find a way to be polite when you attempt to correct it.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: St. Lucia Departure Tax

I read Reedprincess's reply and took it to mean St Lucia........Just say'in.

While the information about Antigua may be accurate, I agree with SunloverFrance....not relative to this subject.

Mike in Tulsa

Tours, France
Level Contributor
2,799 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: St. Lucia Departure Tax

It would be nice to see an apology from IrieLady.

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
12,522 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: St. Lucia Departure Tax

Yeah, it would be nice, but I won't hold my breath. Life's too short to be bothered about it.