We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long is a good length stay @ Ladera/Cap Maison?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
23 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
How long is a good length stay @ Ladera/Cap Maison?

Well finally decided! Yay! Ladera and Cap Maison. Right now have 4 days at Ladera, 3 at Cap Maison. Thinking of adding 2 more days. For those of you that have been already, what's a good length of time for stay in St. Lucia. This is our first trip. If we add 2 days it will be on the front end, probably somewhere entirely different... suggestions?

Tours, France
Level Contributor
2,799 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How long is a good length stay @ Ladera/Cap Maison?

The simple answer is as long as possible.

I always find that at the end of one week, you are just starting to get into total "holiday mode". A second week then really seems to make a difference, and if you are able to spend a third week, by the time it comes to an end it feels like you have been on holiday for ages.

I appreciate that not everyone can afford, in terms of money or time, to have an extended stay; and in particular Americans who are working do not have so many days holiday a year as their European counterparts.

Never the less, I would suggest trying to aim for two weeks, especially if there is a long flight to get there.

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
670 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How long is a good length stay @ Ladera/Cap Maison?

How about Hotel Chocolat, although close to Ladera it would be very different. Have only eaten there but the food was amazing, think they have 9 rooms and it would be very interesting as they do tours of the plantation and you can see how chocolate is made.

As far as length of stay is concerned agree with sunlover!

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,444 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How long is a good length stay @ Ladera/Cap Maison?

Length of time - as long as possible. Last visit we stayed 3-1/2 weeks and it still wasn't long enough ;- ) Hotel Chocolat does sound intriguing. Since you are staying in the North and the South maybe a stop in Marigot Bay area for a couple of nights might be a thought.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How long is a good length stay @ Ladera/Cap Maison?

If it were me, I would go with the Marigot Bay advice, just to see another area of the Island. Also, since you are going to Cap and Ladera, I assume you are doing their combo package. If so, and you do choose to add an earlier resort, I would ask them if they can adjust your first included airport transfer to a pick up at your first hotel instead. We are doing the AI package at Ladera which included airport transfers, after a stay at Calabash Cove, and they agreed pick us up there instead, for an extra $20. Of course, take my advice with a grain of salt since this will be my first trip to St. Lucia as well.

5. Re: How long is a good length stay @ Ladera/Cap Maison?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2012, 09:16