We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. Lucia 5 star accomodation for Family

Baton Rouge...
2 posts
Save Topic
St. Lucia 5 star accomodation for Family

We are heading to St Lucia with our daughters 10 & 13 and looking for the best place luxury accomodations with activities. Not really looking for kids camps .. they are past that. But would love ac, beachfront ,..watersports, villa accomodations but resort feel.. and centrally located. Am I asking for to much? PLEASE HELP ME?

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,467 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St. Lucia 5 star accomodation for Family

Have a look at The Landings.

New jersey
Level Contributor
543 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St. Lucia 5 star accomodation for Family

My wife, 10 yr old daughter and I love Windjammer. it has the villas, resort feel, and a lot of fun activities with great staff (waterskiing, tube and banana boat rides, beach games, table tennis on the beach, etc.). Often lots of kids around, depending on the time of year, my daughter has never been without a group of new friends any time we have been there. Not 5-star, though. Food is pretty good, but not the focus of the resort. I guess if pressed I would characterize it as really nice caribbean casual. Send me a message if you would like to see some photos.

If you really need traditional 5-star luxury, I would suggest Four Seasons Nevis, and Malliouhana or Cap Jaluca on Anguilla. However, for the kids I would have to say that my daughter has had a better time at Windjammer than at the more "5-star" resorts.

Mentioned in this post
Anguilla
Anguilla
Caribbean
Baton Rouge...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: St. Lucia 5 star accomodation for Family

Thank you for the reply. I looked at cap in Anguilla and also was very close to booking four seasons in Nevis but felt like there is more to do in St Lucia. Am I correct? I also have read the reviews on Windjammer and all seem to be positive. I would prefer to stay away from a resort that attract many small children but wanting one that has tweenager watersports such as stand up paddle board, Kayak, sailboating etc.. We prefer to do fun activities together as a family and plan on getting out to waterfall, volcano and canopy tour. Is wind jammer located near most of these things. I would like to rent car and have heard of the winding sharp turns but look forward to exploring. I would love to see pictures of the resort if you do have them ... I will say their website does not show detailed pics of the villa .. We are looking at a 2br cliff villa with plunge pool. Thank you again

Mentioned in this post
Anguilla
Anguilla
Caribbean
Nevis
Nevis
St. Kitts and Nevis
surrey
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St. Lucia 5 star accomodation for Family

If you want to be close to activities such as the waterfalls, volcano etc you would be better staying in the south in the Soufriere area.

The Jalousie Plantation would suit as it is the only 5 star property that takes children although there are never many. One of the villas would be perfect as your daughters could use the sofa bed in the sitting room. You'd have your own plunge pool on the terrace. There's snorkelling and diving straight off the beach. Our 2 were teenagers when we first went and they both loved it.

BTW tour youngest will be down your way in a couple of weeks - he's flying into MSY so will probably take a day trip to Baton Rouge.

Newton, MA
Level Contributor
102 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: St. Lucia 5 star accomodation for Family

Look at The Landings or Cap Maison

Vieux Fort, St...
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: St. Lucia 5 star accomodation for Family

Windjammer all the way....

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
13,382 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: St. Lucia 5 star accomodation for Family

I would throw my 2 cents in for Windjammer. Great resort with lots of dining options, excellent activities for the kids and adults, first choice all the way.

New jersey
Level Contributor
543 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: St. Lucia 5 star accomodation for Family

Those villas are among our favorite. I do have photos. I sent you a message, if you open the message and respond, I'll send some photos via email.

Berkshire
Destination Expert
for Vieux Fort, Gros Islet
Level Contributor
2,436 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: St. Lucia 5 star accomodation for Family

Coming back to the original posters mainline request ie true 5 star accom surely the 3 to look at are Cap Maison, Jalousie and Jade Mountain. Jade is not really beachfront so the first 2 in my book

STEVE

surrey
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: St. Lucia 5 star accomodation for Family

I don't think Jade Mountain takes children under 12 (?) and in any case they'd be bored as a stay there seems to be about the room and not anything else - more suited to a honeymoon or a splurge for a couple.

So we're down to 2 5 star choices then!