We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

House rental on the beach??

Midland Park, New...
11 posts
Save Topic
House rental on the beach??

Interested in any reviews or info for a house rental on the beach for 8 adults and 3 kids. Trying to decide between Grand Cayman and St Lucia????? Thanks

Toronto
Level Contributor
5,119 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: House rental on the beach??

the beaches in St Lucia are public property so the best you can get would be a nearby villa with beach access, however given the size of your party, your choices are somewhat limited. I suggest you check the "Holiday Rentals" listings here. I took a quick look and found this - tripadvisor.ca/…description

florida
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
767 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: House rental on the beach??

There are some very nice larger homes within walking distance of beaches --besides above site mentioned, also look here on TA at right under "Vacation Rentals" or go on vrbo.com or homeaway.com.

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: House rental on the beach??

Brigand Hill has all you desire and more. It is not for everyone, but we have been fortunate to stay there.

www.brigandhill.com

Edited: 05 July 2011, 23:37
Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,425 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: House rental on the beach??

I wasn't aware of Brigand Hill being on a beach. Am I mistaken?

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
11,891 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: House rental on the beach??

nope, you're right nevera, as usual! Brigand Hill is not on a beach, and has very limited water views. I think you can walk to a beach, but it's a long walk through some of the rainforest. It is a beautiful house and property, very private (read somewhat isolated) definitely need a rental car - or plan on staying at the house most of the time, or hire a driver. It is a beautiful property, very stunning, just not beach accessible really.

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: House rental on the beach??

From their website... "Brigand Hill includes many enticements designed to keep you at the villa--great views in every direction, pool and fountain, outdoor showers and PRIVATE BEACH. Many guests like to start their day with a walk through the plantation and a swim off our PRIVATE BEACH."

Yes, at Brigand Hill there is a beautiful beach tucked into a cove.

And, yes, beaches in St. Lucia - historically called the Queen's Chain because the beaches encircling the Caribbean islands of the old British Empire resembled chain links - are public property.

However there exist several beaches that are either so remote or so rarely used by the public that they are essentially "private".

Again Brigand Hill has everything you are looking for, mama2twingles.

The staff will take very good care of you, satisfying all of your needs most graciously.

Edited: 06 July 2011, 04:04
St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
11,891 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: House rental on the beach??

Ok, CaribCulture, you have stayed there, how long did it take you to get to the beach? I have passed it many times on the way to and from Anse La Ray and as it is set on the inland side of the highway in the rainforest, looks like a pretty decent hike to get to the beach - or else a car ride to Ti Kaye or Marigot. As distances are decieving in St. Lucia (as we all know who have traveled here) it may be that the beach comes up much closer than the maps and road, etc would suggest. However, I think we can all agree - not BeachFront. It is, as I said above, a beautiful property with a lot to offer.

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,425 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: House rental on the beach??

I was curious so I read TA reviews. The one I found that mentioned the beach said it was a half-mile from the house. That's not far at all. I had no idea it was that close to a beach. Thanks for informing us caribculture.

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
11,891 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: House rental on the beach??

Half-mile? That's dang close actually, again, the distances here can be so deceiving with the way the coastline comes in and out and the road following it. Had no idea - couldn't find that info on their website. Thanks for checking it out nevera!

10. Re: House rental on the beach??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 02:16