We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Lucian by Rex

Jacksonville...
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
St Lucian by Rex

Anyone have any experience of the kids club please?

Secondly, I have bkd a Garden Room with 2 double beds and have 3 small children but want to order a rollaway bed on arrival = will this be an issue at all?

Many thanks.

leeds
Level Contributor
364 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St Lucian by Rex

Hi , Kids club is quite good , I think the lady who runs it is called Doreen , nice lady , they do things like go to the beach collect shells and make things with them , my 5 year old little boy loved it , why not contact nerissa at guest services at the Rex , she will sort everything out for you so its perfect for when you arrive.

Jacksonville...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: St Lucian by Rex

Thanks a lot Stevo.

Do we all have to wear wristbands (for all inclusive) or just the adults?

Will contact Nerissa - many thanks again.

Toronto
Level Contributor
240 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: St Lucian by Rex

we are thinking of booking this hotel (the all-inclusive), for February 2012. we like a nice beach, and a quaint small hotel... so we are tyring to do our research on this resort. How far is it from the Airport... and is there any good snorkeling off the beach here ?

madison wisconsin
Level Contributor
926 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St Lucian by Rex

Depends which airport you're flying into. If it's the southern airport (UVF), then it's a good 1.5 hours drive to Rex. If it's the smaller airport in Castries (SLU), then it's about 20 mins.

Not great snorkeling off beach there, but you're a short boat ride or cab ride away to Pigeon Island, which has a small beach and apparently good snorkeling. Otherwise, best snorkeling is on south side near Anse Chastenet resort. Others more versed on that can chime in on other good spots.

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
12,027 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: St Lucian by Rex

ceecee - no snorkeling from the Rex resorts - or any hotels in the Rodney Bay area. The nearest snorkeling is about 10/15 minutes by vehicle away at Pigeon Island, a small reef is located there. Pigeon Island is great with the old ruins of the British fort, some hiking, large grass area and 2 great restaurants. There is a $5US pp entry fee as it is a national heritage site.

There is a small reef also at Smuggler's cove beach (not to be confused with smuggler's cove resort, which is next door to the beach), again though, only a small reef, maybe a morning's worth of snorkeling and also about 15 minutes by vehicle from the Rex resorts.

I have stayed in the garden view double rooms and I have to say - it will be hard to fit a rollaway in there - the rooms are not large. I am sure it would be doable, but it will be tight.

Eileenstuart/ceecee - I have never stayed AI there as there are over 30 restaurants & bars within a short 5-15 minute walk from the resorts for all price ranges and tastes and never felt the need to be locked in to the restaurants and bars only at the resort, but I have never seen anyone have to wear wristbands - people have told me they just give their room numbers and when the bill is run, it comes out as AI/paid.

Enjoy your visits - they are nice resorts, if in need of some updating. We enjoyed our stays.

leeds
Level Contributor
364 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: St Lucian by Rex

They can be funny about the wristbands depending if they know you , or what mood the bar staff are in. I never wear one but I tell the bar staff on day one before I take the bloody thing off, I hate those bands!

7. Re: St Lucian by Rex

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2012, 04:17