We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saint Lucia to feature as destination in The Bachelor UK

surrey
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Saint Lucia to feature as destination in The Bachelor UK

From St Lucia now -

Saint Lucia is to appear as a destination in Channel 5’s new reality TV series, The Bachelor UK, which begins today and runs for 10 weeks. The Bachelor UK sees rugby international, Gavin Henson, look for the girl of his dreams on the romantic island of Saint Lucia.

One of the reasons Saint Lucia was chosen as a destination for the series was due to its status as World’s Leading Honeymoon Destination, as voted for at the 2010 World Travel Awards by both the travel trade and the public. It is the 8th time Saint Lucia has won the award since 2002. Saint Lucia also holds the accolade of the Caribbean’s Leading Honeymoon Destination and was ranked in the Top 10 ‘Best islands of the world’ category the 2010 Condé Nast Traveller Awards.

Whilst in Saint Lucia, Henson enjoyed a luxury stay at the 5-star Jade Mountain resort of Anse Chastanet, which also played host to the hugely successful US version of the Bachelor in 2009.

Meanwhile, the female contestants on the show enjoyed relaxing at the Stonefield Estate plantation, one of Saint Lucia’s most charming boutique hotels, with an array of private villas.

Also featured in the show is La Belle Helene - one of the most luxurious private villas in the whole of the Eastern Caribbean. The stunning beach-side villa is situated in the Beau Estate plantation.

Jade Mountain, Stonefield Estate and La Belle Helene are based in the beautiful Soufriere region of Saint Lucia with the iconic Piton Mountains as a backdrop.

Whilst on Saint Lucia, Gavin’s family joined him for several days, staying at the hugely popular beach-side family resort of Coconut Bay in the Vieux Fort area of the island.

Saint Lucia offers a vast array of romantic excursions and activities on island including the opportunity to picnic between the majestic Piton Mountains; enjoy a candle-lit dinner at the island’s lighthouse; or undertake a sunset cruise along the island’s Caribbean shoreline, to name a few.

A range of romance packages are bookable at many of the hotels on island and coming soon will be details of a series of Made For Romance packages:

England
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,398 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Saint Lucia to feature as destination in The Bachelor UK

Nice to see St Lucia get some publicity in the UK. Jade Mountain featuring yet again although I am not surprised! I have stayed there 3 times and it is amazing. Nice to see Stonefield getting a mention too. I will have to make sure i watch this when it is on.... Thanks for the heads up!

Ohio
Level Contributor
86 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Saint Lucia to feature as destination in The Bachelor UK

MW104, Do you know what channel this would be on for DISH TV?

I can't locate it... Thank you.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
1,644 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Saint Lucia to feature as destination in The Bachelor UK

Wow! I didn't know this before now but we spent the first few days of our honeymoon at Stonefield. We loved it and I guess it's good enough for TV too :)

surrey
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Saint Lucia to feature as destination in The Bachelor UK

Dreaming - I don't know about DISH TV but this the link to the programme here in the UK - The St Lucia bit is on next Friday I think.

http://www.channel5.com/shows/the-bachelor

Hope that helps. From some of the shots advertising the programme I think they may also have visited the Jalousie.

England
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,398 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Saint Lucia to feature as destination in The Bachelor UK

Thanks mw!

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
11,567 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Saint Lucia to feature as destination in The Bachelor UK

yes, they did visit Jalousie and had massages at the Rainforest Spa there.

surrey
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Saint Lucia to feature as destination in The Bachelor UK

Of course I forgot to watch it or even record it so I've just watched it on the internet. What an awful programme but great views of St Lucia. There was actually quite a bit of filming at the JP (I'd recognise that verandah anywhere) although it doesn't feature in the credits at the end. They took one of the JP boats from Soufriere and the local tennis club - the JP. One of the girls even spent a night there. The spa looks lovely. Coconut bay is mentioned in the credits but I can't see that it has featured as yet - maybe this week which is the last one - I think his family stay there. Isn't the outside of JM really ugly although the room looked nice? Worth watching just for the views.

central pa
Level Contributor
34 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Saint Lucia to feature as destination in The Bachelor UK

St. Lucia was featured a year or two ago on the US version of The Bachelor :) Appears it worked out well for them, therefore, they went back for the UK version. While watching the show, I feel in love with St. Lucia and picked it for my 20th year wedding anniversary trip!! I'll be there next week! Yeah!

Essex
Level Contributor
287 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Saint Lucia to feature as destination in The Bachelor UK

We watched it last night...and oh my what a stunningly beautiful island...now i know we are right to go each year..absoloutly love it.

England
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,398 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Saint Lucia to feature as destination in The Bachelor UK

Me too. Hated the programme but loved St Lucia. Counting the days...