We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting married and overwhelmed at the options!

Victoria, Canada
7 posts
Save Topic
Getting married and overwhelmed at the options!

I've been looking through all of these posts just today. What an amazing forum for discussing practical matters! Okay, now on to my matter: my fiance and I are hoping to get married in early December 2006 and I am OVERWHELMED at trying to plan this from so far away. We haven't even decided on which island to go to....we love ocean/watersports, beautiful scenery, hiking, and are not into sterile resorts! We expect about 20 guests to join us. Our latest thoughts are to get everybody together in a large villa, or group of villas that are in close proximity to each other. I'm scared that we're going to be disappointed by what we actually get, versus what is described in the on-line brochures! Money is an issue, we want good value so that we don't force our friends to pay top dollar on a vacation they have little control over. I imagine an intimate, unique, "quality" wedding and vacation for our closest friends and family. Anybody out there able to give me some direction? 1

st lucia
Level Contributor
203 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting married and overwhelmed at the options!

Hi,

If you go to www.stlucia.org and visit their wedding page its a good starting point and should give you some ideas.

2. Re: Getting married and overwhelmed at the options!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2006, 00:02
3. Re: Getting married and overwhelmed at the options!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2006, 00:03
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
217 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting married and overwhelmed at the options!

We were married in January in St Lucia.

We had 15 guests and used Awesome Carribian weddings.

I know exactly how you feel all I can say is find a good wedding coordinator, and then you just have to trust them that it will all work out. We were very happy with our wedding.

Our guests stayed at Gatway Villas and everybody was quite happy with them. You can view pictures of our wedding and trip at

http://www.thegangers/com/album?cat=2

You can also see my review of the villas w/ pictures at tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g147344-d263009…

I know you feel totally overwhelmed right now but breathe deep and know that you will have a fantastic wedding.

Shoot Kayt at Awesome Carribiean Weddings an email. She will give you a plan you can start from including a price quote with no presure. We talkeemailed her 10 or 15 times beofre we commited to the wedding. http://www.awesomecaribbeanweddings.com/

you can email me at ganger2@adelphia.net if you have any specific questions.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
217 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting married and overwhelmed at the options!

oops

that url to our pictures didn't work try this

http://www.thegangers.com/album/?cat=2

Kansas
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting married and overwhelmed at the options!

Hello!

We were married in St Lucia in January.

We were very concerned about trusting a stranger to plan the most important day of our lives! We consulted Kari & Ray at aweddinginstlucia.com/tropicisleweddings.com after hearing several recommendations on this forum. We were impressed with them from the first email! They were very attentive to every concern we had and thanks to them, we had the wedding we dreamed of!

They genuinely care about your special day, not just planning another wedding and making more money!

Check out their websites for photos & more valuable information! The photography website is karaymedia.com.

If you do a search on this forum, you will find MANY MANY happy brides & grooms who used them for their weddings/photography.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

Saint Augustine...
Level Contributor
154 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting married and overwhelmed at the options!

We were married in January. we chose Jalousie, because of its location. Located between the Pitons and one of the nicest beaches. The ceremony spot is probably the nicest spot on the whole island. We had 24 guests stay at Coconut Bay Resort & Spa. We wanted to be isolated from our family and friends. We charted a bus for the day of the wedding, it all worked out great.

Victoria, Canada
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting married and overwhelmed at the options!

Thank you everyone for your advice. I also came to the conclusion that we absolutely need a wedding coordinator to help us with these many choices when we're so far away, so thank you for your recommendations! BTW, Angela, BEAUTIFUL PHOTOS!

Saint Augustine...
Level Contributor
154 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting married and overwhelmed at the options!

You do not need to hire a wedding coordinator, you will be wasting your $$. A good resort already has one, so you can work with that one once you book your stay. Heck, I have enough contacts, hire me!

Hancock, Maine
Level Contributor
4 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Getting married and overwhelmed at the options!

We got married in may and used awesome caribbean weddings- kate did a fabulous job,couldn't have been better