My boyfriend and I have just booked a trip to St Lucia using his Dad's timeshare. We'll be staying at Oasis Marigot. Having never been to the Caribbean, I'm a bit anxious about costs for everything!! And we can't afford to do luxury - we just want to explore the island and have a bit of a relax! So, if there's anyone who can help...
1. I know that the Oasis Marigot is secluded, but is it really necessary to hire a car? Could we just hire a car for a few days and make the most of that time?
2. How much are taxi's say to Castries, Rodney Bay or Soufriere?
3. Are water taxi's an expensive way of getting to beaches?
4. I've read about a few restaurants in Marigot Bay, are there any cheaper ones or even street food in the evenings?
5. We're planning on making the most of the self-catering - how easy will it be to pick up food? Does anyone know if there's a bbq at Oasis Marigot (Vacation club villas)?
Thanks in advance for any advice - plus if there's anything else that you think I'd find helpful, feel free to comment!