We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clear Water

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
56 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Clear Water

I know there are lots of posts about the water, and I do realize that St. Lucia is not necessarily known for its clear blue water like other islands. It obviously has much more to offer--one of the reasons we are going! However, I know that the water is determined by things in addition to uncontrollables like weather. Some saw certain parts of the island like choc bay have cloudier water. I was curious if anyone knew where on the island we might find the clearer water--hopefully a beach associated with a resort! Thanks!!

Sarah

madison wisconsin
Level Contributor
926 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clear Water

Try Reduit Beach -- there are hotels right on that beach, and it's quite clear and calm, and lots to do.

florida
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
767 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clear Water

The further south you go on the island - -Caribbean Sea side -- the clearer the water. Waters from Castries and north of there are not as clear as from say, Marigot and southward. This is barring storms at sea or heavy rainy times when the sea is churned up. TiKaye, Jalousie, Anse Chastenat.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
913 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Clear Water

Sarahmichelle....

We stayed at the Jalousie last June, and snorkeled on the beach there many times. I found the water to be fairly clear, and the visibility (while snorkeling) was quite good as well. I'm not sure if you have booked a resort on St. Lucia, as of yet....but the Jalousie was a very beautiful cottage property....it has its own private beach, and is located between the two Pitons.

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
56 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Clear Water

You are all so very helpful! Thanks so much for everyone's feedback!

Get answers to your questions about St. Lucia