We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report Feb 10-15, 2012

CA
Level Contributor
122 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report Feb 10-15, 2012

First off I just want to say thank you for all your posts and information through this forum. Without it, our trip wouldn't have been half of what it was.

I love this country!! The people are amazing and the scenery was incredible. We stayed at The Landings which we loved. We stayed in a 3-bedroom with 2 couples so each couple could have a master bedroom. we had a harbor view, but unexpectedly had an amazing view of the beach and ocean from our front patio.

The service here was great and the concierge went above and beyone. We also utilized the grocery service and had our room stocked when we arrived. They have a shuttle that goes into Rodney Bay a few times a day. The company they contract with was not pleasant to deal with. The other drivers that the hotel works with were all very pleasant and helpful. One did charge us too much for the cab ride to town though.

After being to several of the beaches, the beach at The Landings is just as nice as the others, and even nicer than some. We only had snacks and drinks at the restaurant so won't comment on the quality of food. From the prices, it was just as expensive as the other restaurants we went to.

The restaurants we went to were Charthouse (amazing ribs and beautiful atmosphere), La Terrasse (not our favorite meal but nice), Fire Grill (amazing steak), Razzmatazz (definitely our favorite) and Big Chef (very good steak). The service at all the restaurants was amazing.

We went to Pigeon Island which we enjoyed. We did ziplining through Rainforest Adventures which was a very good time. My husband went golfing with one of our friends and said it was horrible. It was about $145 with club rental and the course was really bad. He said it was a huge waste of money and would never do that again. My friend and I did the Land and Sea tour and it was so much fun. We went in an open-topped jeep which helped with the motion sickness from the curvy roads.

Overall we had a really enjoyable vacation and would love to visit the island again.

England
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,607 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report Feb 10-15, 2012

Great trip report and so glad you liked St Lucia! Thanks for posting. It is lovely when people give feedback.

surrey
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report Feb 10-15, 2012

Yes indeed - thanks for posting. Sounds like you had a great time and enjoyed St Lucia.

3. Re: Trip Report Feb 10-15, 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2013, 10:20